It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sjögren's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2012, 12:39 PM   #1
(female)

Curious12rP HB User
Lab's prove otherwise?

How are you diagnosed with Sjogren's Syndrome when your blood work is proving otherwise. Negative in every aspect. My symptoms range from flushing on my face, neck, chest, stomach and arms, swelling in the neck area that comes down in a V formation (if that makes any sense). I get swelling of my fingers and ankles and calves. I have very dry eyes and a very rough feeling to my tongue and has somekind of white film on it. Vision problems, extreme fatigue, dizziness, a feling of just feeling off. This has been going on for over 2 years now. I just recently just discovered my toe nails have turned a dark purple color (not the entire nail) and is now breaking off. Any of you been diagnosed with Sjogren's having negative test results? Any of you have any of these similiar symptoms?

Thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2012, 10:18 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User
Re: Lab's prove otherwise?

Hey curious! This is curious and i can find NO basis for it on any medical sites. Today, there was a posts from a guy wanting to know if he has hiv because of the purple toe & fingernails. The facilitor said that they didnt discuss symptoms on hiv board because the only way to know was testing. But he told him to get his liver checked. The guy had a white coated tongue as well . I checked liver web md & other medical sites and it mentioned it probably becsuse i put it in the search. I was thinking, maybe with your feet swell it cut off bloodflow. Anyway, wanted you to check it out. Hope youare better! Let me know. Ok?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2012, 08:50 PM   #3
(female)

Curious12rP HB User
Re: Lab's prove otherwise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmak View Post
Hey curious! This is curious and i can find NO basis for it on any medical sites. Today, there was a posts from a guy wanting to know if he has hiv because of the purple toe & fingernails. The facilitor said that they didnt discuss symptoms on hiv board because the only way to know was testing. But he told him to get his liver checked. The guy had a white coated tongue as well . I checked liver web md & other medical sites and it mentioned it probably becsuse i put it in the search. I was thinking, maybe with your feet swell it cut off bloodflow. Anyway, wanted you to check it out. Hope youare better! Let me know. Ok?
Hi there again...Ya I been tested for HIV, so it's not that. My tongue is not super white coated but you can tell it has some white on the back of it. I think its due to the dryness almost like dehydration. Eating popcorn makes it completely worst that is the dryness. I'm looking into the liver area next as well.

Reply Reply