It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sjögren's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2012, 07:13 AM   #1
(female)

Catalina1 HB User
Wink Best Sjogren's Information

I was diagnosed with Sjogren's about two years ago and it has advanced since then. Positive ANA, SSA and SSB twice.

I have read everything I can get my hands on about the condition.

I would recommend reading "Medifocus Guidebook on Sjogren's". This is the best, and most information I have found.

I have many of the classic symptoms:

Skin issues, Dry eyes, IBS (which caused me a big problem last year when I had Vasel Vagal Syncope with it and fractured 6 vertebra) neuropathy etc..

Worse for me is the fatigue, (I am 61 and still working full time) and the dry mouth. I have a prescription to help produce saliva but it is getting worse. My mouth doesn't even feel normal on the inside anymore.

I could go on and on with this. We all could. I try not to think of myself as ill. There are so many people out there with much worse.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:58 AM   #2
(female)

owllover99 HB Userowllover99 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Best Sjogren's Information

Hi,
I am so sorry about your symptoms. I have a lot, too. I had to retire 2 years early and am only getting 1/2 of my pension. I am trying for disability. Oh, yeah, I am bipolar, too. I am glad you are working, but I know it is very hard to do. Hang in there. With love, Owl.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2012, 10:47 AM   #3
(female)

Catalina1 HB User
Re: Best Sjogren's Information

Thank you for your kind words. I am planning to at least cut back to 2 days a week next Aug when I turn 62. I will take the lesser amount on my SS. I think I am to that point.

Hang in there, I will think good thoughts for you.

Old 11-16-2012, 02:49 PM   #4
(female)

Angry Re: Best Sjogren's Information

Thank you. Sorry to cry on your shoulder. I had cataract surgery 6 months ago (no big deal - it really helped). Well, I've been having trouble with my eyes. I went to the best eye doc in town and found out I need laser surgery on my right eye! Last night my step-daughter "had a talk"with me. I guess she was afraid I am spending her dad's money (yes, we're marrried). I had to tell her how I spend my money (635 a month). I told her the only thing he spends money on me is food. And I buy all the soap and cleaning and stuff. And she said I go to the doctor for every little thing. Yeah, like today. My husband says he's gonna "correct" her when she comes over again. My husband (I will put it nicely) doesn't have much courage. She's his baby.
I don't want to be here. I'll cuss her out. I'm like that when I'm right. Sorry. Thanks for letting me vent. Hang in there. Don't work too hard and have a good week.

Old 11-19-2012, 04:27 AM   #5
(female)

Catalina1 HB User
Re: Best Sjogren's Information

Yikes! I would tell Step Daughter to butt our without any hesitation. You don't need added stress.

Take care of yourself!!

Hang in there.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:28 AM   #6
(female)

Thumbs up Re: Best Sjogren's Information

Thanks a lot. I'm sorry I cried on your shoulder. Glen and I had a talk and I think he's finally seen through her. I didn't really try to change his mind about his daughter, besides he's so hard headed, I couldn't. So we will see.
Thanks for your support. Love, Owl.

Reply Reply