It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sjögren's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2012, 11:42 AM   #1
(male)

pg600rr HB User
Why does Sjogren's cause fatigue? is it the inflammation it causes?

I have seen it mentioned numerous times that fatigue seems to be a major component of Sjogrens, I was wondering why it causes ts symptom? is it because of the inflammation that Sjogrens causes?

Also what kind of fatigue is it? the kind that you are constantly tired, dont want to get out of bed, or just a slight general malaise (still able to go to the gym 5x/week but feel off)?

Old 12-13-2012, 07:35 PM   #2
(female)

agatha01 HB User
Re: Why does Sjogren's cause fatigue? is it the inflammation it causes?

I have Sjogren's Syndrome and have been having severe fatigue for quite some time. I would like to know if others have experienced this and what things have been helpful. I am not able to work or tolerate much activity. My rheumatologist says this is normal. I am on plaquenil and arava. Thanks for you input.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-14-2012, 04:46 AM   #3
(female)

Catalina1 HB User

The fatigue is on and off for me. I felt ok the first part of the week, but had a very low energy level yesterday. When it hits it is very obvious. I don't know about others, but for me, all the symptoms come and go, except for dry eyes and mouth, and the most recent, not enough fluid in stools.

I am still amazed that it can effect so many parts of you body, and have so many different symptoms.

My hope for myself, and others, is that it does not progress to any organs.

Old 02-16-2013, 11:32 PM   #4
(male)

joggies476 HB User

Yeah not sure, my rheumatologist said my fatigue isn't from sjogrens. I think for me its from back pain, and feeling crumby all day. Taking pain killers, and exercize, and pacing myself definitely help.

My doc did go through a list of how sjogrens causes fatigue, but its hard to remember now. I know one was if it is affecting the liver, I think the second was if ESR was high, somehow this caused fatigue, and the third way I really can't recall, but since I don't have any of these right then, it was unrelated...so it made sense. She was pretty awesome at explaining stuff but unfortunately my memory sucks :Q

Old 02-16-2013, 11:40 PM   #5
(male)

joggies476 HB User

oops accidental double post sorry I am new here

Last edited by joggies476; 03-14-2013 at 10:28 PM. Reason: accidental double post

Reply Reply