It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sjögren's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2013, 02:20 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

JanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB User
Help with teeth please

Over the past few years I've had a few dental problems and lost three of the molars. I now have another tooth that's not happy. A piece dropped off a few weeks ago and my dentist said he could just file the sharp bit off and it would be ok, or I could have a crown. I opted for having the sharp bits off, but t's not been ok. The tooth became extremely sensitive, so I went back and he put some filling in to protect it. He said he couldn't drill it, because the tooth would fall apart, but I could have a crown. I've had a crown before on another tooth, but it never felt comfortable and gave me a lot of pain and eventually after loads of work and pain I had the tooth out. Anyway, the filling has now fallen out, so I'm back to having a painful tooth.

So my question is, do crowns work if you have Sjogrens? Would I be better to just have the tooth out and save myself a lot of money and pain? Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2013, 11:48 PM   #2
(female)

kmesaaz HB User
Re: Help with teeth please

I have been diagnosed with dry mouth--six cavities in one year got my attention--and cevimeline 30 mg was prescribed for me. No cavities in the last two checkups. And, I have several crowns. By all means, if you have dry mouth, take care of your teeth. I have not yet been "officially" diagnosed with SS.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply