It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sjögren's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2013, 07:21 AM   #1
(female)

Catalina1 HB User
Mouth sores

Has anyone had small white bumps on the back of their tongue. I have sores in my mouth all the time, but these bumps are different. I have had two Dr's look at it and not know what it is.

Any ideas?

Old 03-01-2013, 07:34 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Mouth sores

It sounds like swollen papilla, the little bumps normally on the tongue surface. Sometimes they get inflamed and when they swell they look white like tiny pearls. Rough food like popcorn, hard crunchy nuts, etc can do that and so can inflammatory conditions that irritate the mouth.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2013, 08:42 AM   #3
(female)

Catalina1 HB User
Re: Mouth sores

Anyone know how to get rid of it. One of them is large enough that it feels like I have food to swallow. When a lip biopsy was done, inflamation was found. I suspect that inflamation is always there because I always have sores. They come and go. I just took a Z pack for bronchitis and that didn't clear it up. I am allerygic to all other antiboitics. I know it could be much worse, but Sjogren's is a pain in the butt. LOL

The following user gives a hug of support to Catalina1:
boobootwo (03-05-2013)
Reply Reply