It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sjögren's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2013, 08:30 PM   #1
(female)

Withered HB User
Eye problems with Sjogrens?

I'm diagnosed with SS last year, an it seems my body is trying to mess with me more than normal these past few months, but I have an odd question, and wondered if any of you have experienced this before. Within the last few days my vision has gotten so bad that I can't see to read or type very well(which might explain typos) its really blurry and it changes focus as I move, it that makes any sense. My eyes are always dry but this seemed like it was in the eye.

I called my opthamologist just to see if there was anything I should be concerned about and they had me come right in and see one of the partners since my doc was out. After he looked at my eyes he asked me if I had been in a car accident or sustained a recent trauma....and the answer is no, but he went on to tell me they were looking for a detached or torn retina and didn't see it, but saw quite a bit of large floaters and debris in the vitreous part of the eyeball. He says this happens frequently right before a retina detaches, so they want to watch it close for a few weeks. One of the conditions I looked up is called posterior vitreous detachment (PVD), or vitreous collapse. This can be caused by severe diabetes or from inflammatory disorders. Does this happen with Sjogrens? Go figure...sign me,

confused again!!!!

Old 03-14-2013, 08:54 PM   #2
(female)

Withered HB User
Re: Eye problems with Sjogrens?

I just posted that I have SS, thinking that was Sjogrens Syndrome....I was just told that SS is a diferent issue....sorry, my post should have said I have Sjogrens, not SS. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply