It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sjögren's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2013, 07:49 PM   #1
(female)

alxd130 HB User
Diagnosed with Sjogren's Today

Hi everyone. Today I was diagnosed with Sjogren's Syndrome. I've suffered all my life with body and joint pain, gritty feeling eyes at times and fatigue. I need 10+ hours at night to feel rested and it's rare I can sleep that much. I'm relieved that I finally know but also curious about what the future holds for me. I'm going for my eye exam on Monday and then my Rheumatologist is starting me on Plaquenil. I had my cryoglobulin tested today too after my diagnosis so I'm wondering what happens next if that comes back positive? Any suggestions on living with this disorder, Medicine experiences (especially Plaquenil since that's what I'm starting on first) or just general advice is appreciated (: I'm only going to be 20 next month so while I have some medical knowledge I like to hear personal experiences and advice too (:

Thanks!

Last edited by moderator2; 06-05-2013 at 05:28 AM.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: alxd130
cutelady (05-10-2013), kendim125 (06-05-2013)
Old 03-26-2013, 11:54 AM   #2
(female)

texasladybug HB User
Re: Diagnosed with Sjogren's Today

Hi!

I have been on Plaquenil for roughly four months. It took a couple of months for me to feel its effect, but I am so happy to have it. The Plaquenil has really helped my pain and fatigue! It works so much better than just throwing pain meds at it! And, so far, I have not had any side effects!

Good luck to you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2013, 07:58 PM   #3
(female)

Happy2bme2 HB User

Hi Alxd130!!

I have been on Plaquenil 400mg daily for 3 yrs. I started taking this for Sjogrens as well as for rheumatoid arthritis. It took about a month for "full" effect to take place. Joint pain was incredibly painful before taking Plaquenil. It helped with the fatigue for sure. I had very few side effects maybe a little stomach trouble but nothing that stopped me from daily activities. I have my eyes checked 2 times a year. I take 200 mg. in the morning and 200 mg. in the evening. I chose this way so it was not as harsh on my stomach. I wish you the best. Good Luck! = )

Old 03-28-2013, 08:01 PM   #4
(female)

Happy2bme2 HB User
Smile Re: Diagnosed with Sjogren's Today

Hi Alxd130!!

I have been on Plaquenil 400mg daily for 3 yrs. I started taking this for Sjogrens as well as for rheumatoid arthritis. It took about a month for "full" effect to take place. Joint pain was incredibly painful before taking Plaquenil. It helped with the fatigue for sure. I had very few side effects maybe a little stomach trouble but nothing that stopped me from daily activities. I have my eyes checked 2 times a year. I take 200 mg. in the morning and 200 mg. in the evening. I chose this way so it was not as harsh on my stomach. I wish you the best. Good Luck!

Old 06-05-2013, 01:27 AM   #5
(male)

kendim125 HB User

im anil turkish.
Me too, was diagnosed with Sjogren.
Turkish doctors, not the disease. ANA test exposure, the mouth and the eyes, bowel problems continue. Plaquenil as medicine.
Related to the disease, we can be the Trojan broke for sharing information.

Last edited by moderator2; 06-05-2013 at 05:28 AM.

Reply Reply