It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2003, 08:52 PM   #1
(male)

apple HB User
Do you want perfect looking skin?

Want to clear up sun damaged spots on your skin? Want to remove freckles and age spots? Do you want your skin to look like it did when you were 12 years young? Well, here's how to do it: Orally ingest one tablespoon of flax oil each day for a period of 3 to 6 months. I place a spoonful of flax oil in my mouth, then I chase it down with a sip or swallow of fruit juice to make it palatable. Note that you may have to take 2 spoonfuls or more to obtain the necessary tablespoon amount. I undertook this treatment in my mid forties. I saw freckles and age spots disappear from my skin in just a few months of doing this treatment. Crusty, sun damaged areas also became smooth and healed. Areas that were hit the hardest by the sun, like my shoulders and upper chest, were transformed from a blemished and spotted leathery look into a creamy white appearance that is reminiscent of my childhood skin. I had tried flax oil capsules with little results. You must use the liquid form. I prefer Barlean's brand, as their's is usually fresher than other brands. But any brand should do, as long as it is fresh. Go ahead and use an oil that has lignan particles in it, too, as the lignans are known to inhibit the growth of certain cancers. Believe me, your skin will look so youthful after this treatment. The results are very impressive. You will be astonished. This is NOT a commercial ad. This is a true and honest testimonial from a guy who spent a lot of hours in the sun as a child and as an adult.

The Following User Says Thank You to apple For This Useful Post:
BonnieLee1970 (02-08-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2003, 10:17 PM   #2

i dont know HB User
couldnt ingesting this stuff be harmful,what if u rubbed it in the areas that needed it? i dont understand how it works, like how can taking something orally, get rid of something on the outer skin? i have unwanted freckles thats all

Old 11-06-2003, 10:35 PM   #3
Inactive

Bubbalina HB User
Wow thats absolutely amazing, how many bottles of flaxseed oil liquid did u go through in order to see results? I bought a large bottle of flaxseed oil a while ago in the liquid form and drank it all taking 2 tablespoons each day, but i didn't see any noticeable results. My skin isn't that sun damaged but it is not very smooth, i have keratosis pilaris and was hoping it would help it. I have bought another bottle and will continue taking it for 3 months like you said hopefully i will see results.

Old 11-07-2003, 12:26 AM   #4
(male)

apple HB User
[QUOTE=i dont know]couldnt ingesting this stuff be harmful,what if u rubbed it in the areas that needed it? i dont understand how it works, like how can taking something orally, get rid of something on the outer skin? i have unwanted freckles thats all[/QUOTE]
Applying flax oil topically, that is, externally, would be similar to applying fertilizer to the leaves of a plant as oppossed to allowing the fertilizer to be ingested internally by the plant through its root system. The omega-3 fatty acids in the flax oil nourishes the cells of the body so that the cells can rejuvinate and promote healthier tissues and membranes of the body, much like fertilizer promotes healthy growth through internal means. Exactly how freckles vanish is beyond my understanding of the process; but, article after article on the subject speaks highly of flax oil's ability to improve skin quality. And I have experienced this improvement first hand.

Old 11-07-2003, 12:43 AM   #5
(male)

apple HB User
[QUOTE=Bubbalina]Wow thats absolutely amazing, how many bottles of flaxseed oil liquid did u go through in order to see results? I bought a large bottle of flaxseed oil a while ago in the liquid form and drank it all taking 2 tablespoons each day, but i didn't see any noticeable results. My skin isn't that sun damaged but it is not very smooth, i have keratosis pilaris and was hoping it would help it. I have bought another bottle and will continue taking it for 3 months like you said hopefully i will see results.[/QUOTE]
I used roughly one 16-ounce bottle per month for 6 or 7 months when I began to see results. You'll get about 30 tablespoons per 16 ounce bottle. Keep it refrigerated and tightly sealed. Body weight will influence the healing process. The heavier one is the larger the daily dose must be. Two tablespoons per day should be the max. The oil turns rancid easily, so I prefer to use a bottle size that will get used up quickly, like the 16 ouncers that are used up in 3 or 4 weeks. Since you have a condition, 2 tablespoons per day would seem to be the way to go. I wouldn't use less than that amount. Good luck to you. Let me know how it works out.

Old 11-15-2003, 01:15 AM   #6
(male)

apple HB User
I will reiterate here: This regiment really works. Give it a try and then place a thread on this board to let others know how effective it really is. Forget creams, gels, and masks. This will make you look 10 to 20 years younger! If you have spent lots of time in the sun then this is for you.

Old 11-15-2003, 10:35 AM   #7

synaminluv HB User
Question

How much does a 16 oz bottle cost? I have not spent a lot of time in the sun and do not have sun damage or age spots but would love supple, soft, smooth skin. Do you think this will help? Are there any other benefits that you noticed. I have also been considering taking EV coconut oil. Have you ever tried using that?

Old 11-16-2003, 02:13 AM   #8
(male)

apple HB User
[QUOTE=synaminluv]How much does a 16 oz bottle cost? I have not spent a lot of time in the sun and do not have sun damage or age spots but would love supple, soft, smooth skin. Do you think this will help? Are there any other benefits that you noticed. I have also been considering taking EV coconut oil. Have you ever tried using that?[/QUOTE]
I would buy flax oil in a 16 ounce bottle. This is because it will give you the best price per volume without having to buy such a large bottle that it goes rancid before you use it up. You can typically use up a 16 ounce bottle in a month when taking a tablespoon per day. If you buy larger bottles in order to get a price break on volume, then you risk having the oil go bad on you before you can use it up. A 16 ouncer will cost you anywhere from $12 to $17 dollars at your health food stores. Check the expiration labels and the date it was made. I go for the most current bottled product. Bottles typically have a "when made" date stamped on them. Unless you can't find anything else, don't buy a bottle made 2 month's ago. Get bottles made more current. You can order bottles for much cheaper from vitamin catalogs, but you risk getting a product that is old. As for other benefits, my tan lines disappeared. The surrounding skin took on the same qualities as the sun-protected skin, and the tan line, therefore, vanished. Also, and of more importance to you, I have been told by women that my face is soft and smooth. I don't know if that is because of the oil, but who knows. I'm a male, so something must be working to get male skin to be soft and smooth. So think of what it might do for female skin. I didn't pay it much attention at first, but after 3 or 4 women tell me how nice my face feels, I can't help but think that there has to be something to that. Finally, I have no knowledge of the EV coconut oil that you mentioned. Good luck with your regiment, and I can help you locate oil should you have problems with that.

Old 11-16-2003, 06:45 AM   #9
(female)

herzel HB User
can't get the oil down

Hi, I have been reading how great the flax oil is for your skin.I bought a bottle about a year ago and was all excited to try it.But the problem was I couldn't get it down.At first it wasn't bad but after a while I couldn't get it past my nose.I tried it on my salad and that is all I tasted so that didn't work either.I have heard nothing but good about the oil but I need help gettiing it down.It wasn't rancid either,I did check the date before I bought it.I want to try it again but so afraid it will make me sick again.It has its own smell so its hard to disquise it.Like I said in the beginning it wasn't bad but how do you keep taking it for so long,doesn't it get to you after a while?Any suggestions??

Old 11-16-2003, 07:17 AM   #10
Inactive

Bubbalina HB User
Haha i know what you mean! Its absolutely disgusting on it's own. The only way i can drink it, is buy pouring a glass of orange juice and then pouring a tablespoon of flax seed oil into the orange juice. And when i drink it i pinch my nose so i cant smell it and try to drink it really quickly all at once. Sometimes, after i have finished drinking the flaxseed oil and juice, while still pinching my nose i quickly eat something to get the taste out of my mouth so when i stop pinching my nose i can just taste the food ive just eaten and not the flax seed oil! Well i hope this helps! hehe goodluck

Old 11-16-2003, 07:23 AM   #11

chopstix_gal HB User
[QUOTE=debz]Hi, I have been reading how great the flax oil is for your skin.I bought a bottle about a year ago and was all excited to try it.But the problem was I couldn't get it down.At first it wasn't bad but after a while I couldn't get it past my nose.I tried it on my salad and that is all I tasted so that didn't work either.I have heard nothing but good about the oil but I need help gettiing it down.It wasn't rancid either,I did check the date before I bought it.I want to try it again but so afraid it will make me sick again.It has its own smell so its hard to disquise it.Like I said in the beginning it wasn't bad but how do you keep taking it for so long,doesn't it get to you after a while?Any suggestions??[/QUOTE]

i'm almost 30 and i can vouch that omega 3 has helped my skin. i wouldn't say my skin is perfect, but my pores are smaller and i'm more even-toned (had acne scarring), and definitely more youthful looking. there are a variety of other health benefits - just do some research on the web. i noticed improvment after about 3 months.

you can buy flax oil in capsule form but this can get expensive. i believe 12 caps makes up 1 tablespoon. fish oil is a more effective form of omega 3 but a lot of ppl cannot tolerate this either. fish oil is also available in pure in oil or capsules, but many people get "fish burps". i get the burps and just deal with it, it's worth it.

you can try chasing it down with a drink, or drizzling it on top of salad, like olive oil. do not cook with it - it breaks down the oil.

Old 11-16-2003, 12:02 PM   #12

summer603 HB User
A while ago I bought a bottle of cold pressed flax seed oil, but it didn't work out too well with me. My stomach hurt horribly. I didn't have to go to the bathroom or anything, but it seemed to really upset my stomach. Is there something I could've done differently? Or, is it that some people's stomachs just can't tolerate it? When I take it in capsule form, I am perfectly fine, but I know that it usually isn't as potent that way..

Old 11-16-2003, 12:14 PM   #13
Inactive
(female)

oceandreams HB User
[QUOTE=summer603]A while ago I bought a bottle of cold pressed flax seed oil, but it didn't work out too well with me. My stomach hurt horribly. I didn't have to go to the bathroom or anything, but it seemed to really upset my stomach. Is there something I could've done differently? Or, is it that some people's stomachs just can't tolerate it? When I take it in capsule form, I am perfectly fine, but I know that it usually isn't as potent that way..[/QUOTE]

Always take it after you have eaten something. In your case, you may need to take it after a full meal.

As to the bad taste, I fill a small mason jar with about 4 oz. apple juice, add flax oil, put the lid on and shake vigourously until it's all mixed up really well, then gulp it down without stopping. Have another small glass of juice or water afterward to rinse out the taste.

I haven't used flax oil consistently for a full 6 months, but am anxious to give it a try now.

Last edited by oceandreams; 11-16-2003 at 12:15 PM.

Old 11-16-2003, 12:16 PM   #14
(male)

apple HB User
[QUOTE=summer603]A while ago I bought a bottle of cold pressed flax seed oil, but it didn't work out too well with me. My stomach hurt horribly. I didn't have to go to the bathroom or anything, but it seemed to really upset my stomach. Is there something I could've done differently? Or, is it that some people's stomachs just can't tolerate it? When I take it in capsule form, I am perfectly fine, but I know that it usually isn't as potent that way..[/QUOTE]
Try fish oil instead. I believe that fish oil may be as effective in reviving aging skin. The fish oil comes flavored, usually lemon-lime.

Last edited by apple; 11-16-2003 at 12:51 PM.

Old 11-16-2003, 12:50 PM   #15
(male)

apple HB User
[QUOTE=debz]Hi, I have been reading how great the flax oil is for your skin.I bought a bottle about a year ago and was all excited to try it.But the problem was I couldn't get it down.At first it wasn't bad but after a while I couldn't get it past my nose.I tried it on my salad and that is all I tasted so that didn't work either.I have heard nothing but good about the oil but I need help gettiing it down.It wasn't rancid either,I did check the date before I bought it.I want to try it again but so afraid it will make me sick again.It has its own smell so its hard to disquise it.Like I said in the beginning it wasn't bad but how do you keep taking it for so long,doesn't it get to you after a while?Any suggestions??[/QUOTE]
I feel for you. I know what it is like to suffer through a supplement regimen when you are trying to be disciplined and dedicated to it. I have trouble swallowing a popular green drink. It makes me nearly gag every time I take it, so, needless to say, I dread having to take it, and that makes it hard to remain dedicated to my cause. I have never had a bad experience with the flax oil, however. In fact, I got to where I could take it directly from the spoon. I choose to chase it with fruit juice. That relieved me of the thought of swallowing an oil, which I find to be somewhat unpleasant. But the taste of the oil doesn't bother me. So I'm not sure if I can offer you any advice. Capsule form seems ineffective. To be effective, you must use the oil. If I were you, I would try to place a spoonful of flax oil in your mouth, hold it there, then quickly take a drink of a pleasant and thick juice, like tomato or orange juice. By doing this, I find that I taste the juice a lot more than the oil. I don't like to mix the juice and oil together in a glass since I find that the oil tends to cling to the sides of the glass, and that is a lot of oil that never gets ingested into my system. But that is what you may have to do to get a palatable oil. Try mixing it in a protein drink. That would give you a "double shot" of good nutrition, too, since the whey protein will enhance your immune system. I started my regimen that way -- flax oil in a whey protein drink -- based on advice from a highly reputable alternative doctor of nutrition. But I didn't like losing oil because it clung to the glass, so I just took it directly from the spoon. Try anything that sounds palatable to you, because it's worth the benefits that you'll receive in the long run from the oil. Good luck, and I appreciate all of you who offer similar advice.

Last edited by apple; 11-16-2003 at 05:17 PM.

Closed Thread