It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2003, 08:28 PM   #1

colinjames HB User
Question Red cheeks..funny question

Well first of all I'm blonde,and I have some freckles.My cheeks always have a red tint to them and its really annoying.WHenever I do activity like get hot from playing sports or just being inside and its hot my cheeks get REALLY red...people always ask if im sun burnt.

Why does this happen? Also..when I drink alcohol they get very red and hot feeling as if im burning up,but its only my cheeks.My forehead and other body parts stay the same and dont feel hot at all..why is this?

Is there anything I can do to change this? None of my friends get red cheeks and its really bothering me a lot

Thanks for the replys!!

Old 11-17-2003, 08:08 PM   #2

colinjames HB User
Someone must know a lil something about this....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2003, 08:37 PM   #3

scarletmist00 HB User
that same thing happens to me...but not when i drink...but it is also on my arms like its really bad on my arms. a dermatologist told me once that its like the blood flow like showing through or something and that there was no way to get rid of it ...i hate dermatologists ive been to a bunch of them...they always **** me off saying things like that...but anyways you might want to ask a derm. about it (even though theyre evil) but just be glad its only your cheeks

Old 11-17-2003, 08:58 PM   #4

colinjames HB User
Thanks for the reply..may sound weird but id rather have it on my arms then on my face..cuz people always see your face

Old 11-18-2003, 05:30 AM   #5

Lochnessie HB User
I know what you guys are going through - I get it too. I'm very pale, so when I exercise, you can see it big time ALL OVER MY FACE. You can really see it in the summertime when it's hot out. I don't think there is anything you can do about it.

Old 11-20-2003, 08:49 PM   #6

colinjames HB User
Re: Red cheeks..funny question

Bump for more info

Old 11-22-2003, 05:43 AM   #7

beautybox HB User

there is something you can have done,i have the same prop,and it is hell...you can have a opp done,which involes cutting a nerve under the arms and this stops the blushing and hot face...but it costs £4.000,which i know is a lot..

Old 11-22-2003, 06:55 AM   #8

beautybox HB User

you say be glad its only your face,but thats worse because every one sees it on your face,and they think you are blushing all the time or think something is wrong and the more you think about going red and hot in the face the worse it is......i have had this for a bout 10 years now,and it is not nice,it stops me from going out in case i get hot and go bright red,drinking dose it and when i get nerves too...and when the heating is on in the house i burn up too....i try not to think about it but it is hard at times

Old 11-24-2003, 10:25 AM   #9

cherilyn HB User

i get red face too but only when i work out. my skin is completely red, like a major sunburn...is there someone out there that knows what to put on to counter act the redness?

Old 11-17-2004, 12:49 PM   #10

SSquarepants HB User
Cool Re: Red cheeks..funny question

Hello~
I have had really red cheeks all my life, and I know how embarrassing it is, especially when you blush, etc. Luckily, I have found a solution that I have been doing for at least three years now: simply apply foundation every morning. I know it sounds like a lot of work, but simply dotting a little on your cheeks every morning takes about 30 seconds and lasts all day, and if you have a good foundation (I use TruBlend) and you blend it evenly, it is pretty much indetectable. Of course you can't wear it in every situation (it comes off when you're swimming or sweating a lot) but I find that it really helps me day to day.

Old 11-30-2004, 11:30 AM   #11
(male)

darkwarlord HB User

I've had "Red Cheeks" all my life (Born in 1981). Believe me, it does suck since well damn. Your cheeks are always friggin red, I hated it when I was a kid.

I aint got Rosacea or other bs the "results" pop up over at places like *****. So it's hard to say how this can treated or simply vanish.

Old 01-03-2005, 08:39 PM   #12
(male)

CONAN-UK HB User
Angry Re: Red cheeks..funny question

Hello im a 21 year bloke and i always have red cheeks and its the one thing i wud change about my self! i wid give practily any thing to get rid off them! i no how bad it is i wud have the redness ne were (apart from my man hood) but its the worst when its on ya face! ive tryed to put foundation on to cover them up but as im a bloke if ne 1 was to notice i was wereing it it wud be bad! ive been going out with my giflfriend for 8 months and i still try and avoid going out with her during the day cos i will go red. i always turn off the light when we make love and just have the light from the tv, cos i fill my self going hot and very red! it was cute when i was little but now im a man its very hard to deal with. i go redder when i think people are looking at me and even if i brop somthing at work when im the only person in the room, i am by no means shy! my two brothers also have red cheeks so there is some comfort that im not the only one in the family that has it. the worst thing is, is when someone says "look hes going all red" this really annoys me! i sumtimes lie awake at night thinking that people that dont have red cheeks are so lucky and im very jealous of them. somtime i go red for no reason and i h8 that as well. now im 21 and it makes me also look alot younger and ive been asked id for fags!!!! and of course i go even redder if they ask for id. if ne 1 no's ne thing that can help all suggestions will be welcome thank u

Old 01-03-2005, 09:00 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

siren1024 HB User

I get easily flushed, too. I'm fair skinned. My embarrassing problem is my nose. When ever it's cold out (or if I cry) my nose turns BRIGHT red. Everyone used to tease me and call me "rudolph" when I was a kid. It still happens. I hate being out in the cold because of it.
DD born 3/24/2005

Old 01-05-2005, 02:33 PM   #14
Veteran
(female)

xismybaby HB User

hey everyone, i have the same problem. my cheeks always have a perm. redness to them and when i go into hot rooms my cheeks turn really red and burn, it is quite embarassing. well i will tell u what im doing about this annoying problem, i got so fed up with the burning sensation that i would do anything to get rid of it. So i am getting photoderms done, which is an intense pulsed light that gets rid of the damaged capillaries and new healthy ones form. Alot of rosacea patients get these done as well as different types of treatments such as lasers. Photoderms are supposed to reduce flushing, perm. redness, eliminate broken capillaries,etc. it is recommended that a person gets 5 treatments done, but of course it will depend on how bad your problem is, but a doctor would tell u that. so far i have had 2 done, i just got my second done monday the 3rd. results from the first one were not very significant but i could tell there was a difference, my flushing didnt last as long which is very good. The treatments are expensive about 300 to 500 a treatment. if u have any questions id be happy to help

Old 01-08-2005, 05:23 AM   #15
(female)

Apple pie HB User

heheh.. i think its cute its better to have red cheeks than pale ones.. what do u say.?

Closed Thread