It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2003, 08:31 AM   #1
(female)

Kallay7 HB User
Exclamation Rash- like Mosquito bites

So I woke up 2 days ago and I had an itchy bump on my arm, looked and felt like a mosquito bite. As the day went on, I got like 2 or 3 more. Not thinking much about it, I didn't do anything for it. Then, yesterday during the daytime I got 2 more on my other arm, one on my neck, one near my armpit, and 3 around my waist. I woke up today and I have about 15-20 all over my body in random spots. They itch and are raised red bumps, they really do look like mosquito bites. I don't think it's just clogged pores, follicitus or something like that since it is a growing rash. I have no other symptoms and have already had chicken pox as a child. Also, not sure if this is relevant but it could be... my boyfriend's dog developed weird itchy bumps all over her back, neck, and legs 2 weeks ago. The bumps went away on their own within a few days, they thought it was an allergic reaction to a shampoo they used on her. But she sleeps in his bed with us and I wonder if I got whatever she had, especially since I have them on my neck (from the pillow I am thinking). The only problem is that nobody else who lives in the house (him and his 2 roommates) have them, and she sleeps in all their beds. Is this just a coincidence? Any ideas what it could be? I would appreciate any potential diagnosis. Thanks!

Old 11-20-2003, 09:28 AM   #2

ucf06 HB User
Re: Rash- like Mosquito bites

Yep, you might got them from your boyfriend's dog. I think it's just allergy. Try taking Benadryl. If that doesn't help, go see your doc.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2003, 01:21 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

Lindarella HB User
Re: Rash- like Mosquito bites

My guess would be fleas. That's pretty much how the bites look. Not everyone in the house gets itchy welts from flea bites. I've had fleas in my house twice in my life, and I'm the only one who ever got bit. Go look very very closely at the bed. Move the sheets around. If they're light colored or white sheets, you should be able to see them.

Since you're getting them all over, try putting on a pair of white socks and take a walk/shuffle around the house. They will jump on your socks and you can see them fairly well if you have white socks on. Check out the furniture or anywhere the dog lays.

They itch like crazy. Good luck.

Closed Thread