It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2003, 08:15 AM   #1
(male)

JIMMYJAMMER HB User
Exclamation Cant Stop Scratching My Feet!

Please help me!

Every since I have been about 6 yrs ago my feet itch like crazy while i am sleeping. I end up scratching them until they are bleeding unknowinly while im sleeping. I have tried lotions, vaseline, and everything i can think of. I think it may be related to dry skin but when i put lotion on before i go to bed it seems as though my feet get so hot they start to itch and i scratch them. I wake up in the morning with raw bleeding feet. I am so embarased I cannot go any where without socks. Please Help Me! What Can I do.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-02-2003, 02:42 PM   #2

quietly_serene HB User
Re: Cant Stop Scratching My Feet!

This could be an athlete's food infection that you just don't notice during the day and at night gets really bad. General guidelines for athletes foot are:
- Keep your feet clean and dry. This means taking off your shoes at home and maybe just washing your feet several times during the day at first. I especially recommend washing your feet if you feel them sweating any!
- Soak your feet. Use some 1/4 cup of vinegar per gallon water and soak every evening. This makes the skin on your feet inhospitable to the athletes foot fungus and it may also help with the itching.
- Use tea tree oil. This will also make it hard for the fungus to live there and it will help with the itching. Get it at a health food store or a pharmacy. I know WalMart has it too.

That's about all I can recommend. People suceptible to athletes foot always have to be on the lookout to make sure they don't get it again. Pain in the butt!

HTH,

~serena

Last edited by quietly_serene; 12-02-2003 at 02:44 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2005, 12:14 PM   #3
(female)

amysue11 HB User
Re: Cant Stop Scratching My Feet!

{removed~Please note the date of the original post}~Please make your own thread for your questions.

Last edited by Modinatrix21; 07-05-2005 at 01:34 PM.

Closed Thread