It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2003, 08:18 PM   #1

cs21wm HB User
Simple facial mole question...Help

Basically, I just want to know what will be less scaring? Castor oil + Baking Soda or Bio-T? What will have less down time and look less scary while it's being rid of? Please help me out, because I want to get rid of some over Xmas vacation. Thanks

Old 11-30-2003, 10:47 PM   #2

cs21wm HB User
Re: Simple facial mole question...Help

Hasn't anybody here try both that can give some insight? How about someone who's tried castor oil + baking soda before? I've read up on about Bio-T alot, but I still need more info on castor oil stuff. Thanks ahead

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2003, 06:53 AM   #3

Lisajh HB User

[QUOTE=cs21wm]Hasn't anybody here try both that can give some insight? How about someone who's tried castor oil + baking soda before? I've read up on about Bio-T alot, but I still need more info on castor oil stuff. Thanks ahead[/QUOTE] I've been using the castor oil / baking soda on 2 facial moles for almost 3 weeks, with good results so far. I heard that the bio- t is not reccomended for facial moles, so you may want to try the castor oil method.

Old 12-01-2003, 03:11 PM   #4

cs21wm HB User

[QUOTE=Lisajh]I've been using the castor oil / baking soda on 2 facial moles for almost 3 weeks, with good results so far. I heard that the bio- t is not reccomended for facial moles, so you may want to try the castor oil method.[/QUOTE] Are they gone? Is it leaving any scars. Mostly I've heard that castor oil method will make it smaller, so will it disappear or just get smaller? anyone know? Thanks

Old 12-01-2003, 04:05 PM   #5

Lisajh HB User

Not gone yet. The biggest one is much smaller now and the small one is only a little smaller. I'm hoping for the big one to be gone in another week or so. So far it does not look like it'll scar much, but it's still a bit early to tell. Both moles are just above my top lip... so I'm really hoping any scarring is minimal!

Old 12-01-2003, 05:53 PM   #6

urbantrained HB User

What do you do exactly with the castor oil and baking soda?

Can someone give me step by step directions on how to remove a mole on my temple (side of head) using castor oil and baking powder....

Old 12-01-2003, 07:24 PM   #7

Lisajh HB User

Just mix the castor oil and baking soda into a very thick paste. Apply the mix at bed time (or whatever time is best for you), and cover up with a bandaid if needed. It will take about a month of treatments. Read through the thread "those darn moles"... there is alot of info about this in there.

Old 12-01-2003, 10:25 PM   #8

cs21wm HB User

[QUOTE=Lisajh]Not gone yet. The biggest one is much smaller now and the small one is only a little smaller. I'm hoping for the big one to be gone in another week or so. So far it does not look like it'll scar much, but it's still a bit early to tell. Both moles are just above my top lip... so I'm really hoping any scarring is minimal![/QUOTE] Well, first thanks for your replies Lisajh, I really appreciate it. I have a few more questions if you don't mind answering. During the process of the moles being treated with castor/soda, did it turn red or it was noticable that it was being treated at all? And you mentioned that you treated a "big" mole and a "small" mole, can you tell me how big or small both of them were? 1mm? 2mm? Oh yea, and also were they raised or not raised moles? I really appreciate it. So far, what I've read so far is that castor oil + baking soda is easier on scaring then Bio-T, but I just want to make sure. Good night

Old 12-02-2003, 04:31 AM   #9

Lisajh HB User

Both moles were raised. The biggest a little smaller than a pencil eraser, the other about half that size. The first week the moles got quite red and irritated, 2nd week they get quite nasty looking. During the treatment they are pretty unsightly looking... depending on the type of mole. I have a large "floppy" type mole on my stomach I've been treating, without any irritation. It has been rapidly shrinking. The 2 on my face have gone through alot of funky, nasty stages. Also, in the 2nd and 3rd weeks when the moles start peeling and wipe away they may bleed and be a bit painful. This is such an inexpensive way of removing moles I figure I can deal with a little pain (more like irritation, i guess) and the nasty way they look for a month or so. Hope some of this helps, good luck!

Old 12-02-2003, 04:17 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

oceandreams HB User

[QUOTE=Lisajh] I have a large "floppy" type mole on my stomach I've been treating, without any irritation. It has been rapidly shrinking. [/QUOTE]

That is probably a skin tag, rather than a mole. I had 4 skin tags and 1 mole that I removed with Bio-T. The mole was pretty nasty looking during treatment and got really irritated. But the skin tags came off fast, with little irritation.

Please keep us updated on what kind of scars (if any) you end up with after healing. I too am wondering if the castor oil treatment causes less scarring than the Bio-T treatment, sounds like it might be less irritating to the skin.

Last edited by oceandreams; 12-02-2003 at 04:19 PM.

Old 12-03-2003, 06:47 AM   #11

Lisajh HB User

Nope, it's a birthmark mole. Large and brown, just floppy compared to my other moles. I was born with it (appeared as a freckle at birth). I do have a few skin tags, though. Does anyone know if the castor oil treatment can be used on skin tags?
Right now, the bigger facial mole is almost totally down at skin level and scabbing. It's still a tiny bit raised so I'm wondering if I should continue the treatment or just leave it be and see if the scab falls off. The smaller mole has stopped shrinking and now doing nothing! I'm beginning to think that the castor oil treatment will not work on it. Anyway, I'll keep you updated!

Old 03-01-2005, 04:28 AM   #12
(male)

haw001 HB User

Hi this is my first time in this forum. Well i have a mole on my upper lip and Im thinking of using this castrol baking soda method on it and this would be my first time trying to treat a mole. This mole is maybe a little smaller than a quarter inch and is raised. So i was wondering how long do you think i might have to use this method and is the iritation noticable and how gross is it? Will i still be able to go to school or is the iritaion that bad looking? I hope someone here can answer my question and i know how you all feel with these unsightly moles.

Old 03-05-2005, 01:49 AM   #13
(male)

echardcore HB User

when moles form do they cause pain? it seems like a blind pimple at first. then it just exists on my face (cheek/jawbone area) as a hard whiteish bump without pain

Old 08-01-2005, 01:12 PM   #14
(male)

rnorth HB User

Im a bit confused about the baking soda and oil... how do you go about this...mix them together and rub on the moles?

Old 08-01-2005, 03:59 PM   #15
(female)

slylew HB User

Hey! I've been following this thread and previous ones on this topic. First, a big thanks to all who've posted! I stumbled across this info while depressing myself over the cost of surgical mole removal. I started last night with the castor oil/baking soda on two moles on my arm--one is brown, raised with hair growing out, smaller than a pencil eraser and the other is flat, size of a pin head. I even took a before picture with my digital camera. My plan is to rid myself of at least 3 facial moles--all raised with hair growing out (EWWW!) I'll post progress if anyone is interested. My questions is one of curiosity? HOW do these methods work? What is it about castor oil and baking soda or fresh garlic that "kill" moles? Anyone know? Keep up your spirits everyone!!

Closed Thread