It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2003, 04:53 PM   #1

siren3 HB User
Unhappy Face is peeling and dry, please help out

(edited)
Although I usually have oily skin, I recently was using some products that I believe contributed to completely drying out my face and unbalancing the natural pH level. Now I'm using Cetaphil, which I know is gentle, but my skin still has peeling patches and feels so dry after cleansing. Even if I just use plain water it does this, it has gotten worse lately. Also, I am inside a lot lately, where the heater is often on.

Please recommend something I could use, something that will perhaps help the pH level and moisturize without clogging pores if possible, and please tell me where I can buy it, however I cannot buy online.

Thank you so much for reading and any help you can give.

p.s. I drink lot's and lot's of water already.
& sorry if this was so long

Last edited by siren3; 12-15-2003 at 08:12 PM.

Old 12-16-2003, 06:03 AM   #2
Veteran

Girlie19 HB User
Re: Face is peeling and dry, please help out

I like Neutrogena's Combination Skin Moisture. I have oily skin that gets dried out by everything so I wash with cetaphil and moisturize with neutrogena.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2003, 10:41 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Marti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB User

[QUOTE=Girlie19]I like Neutrogena's Combination Skin Moisture. I have oily skin that gets dried out by everything so I wash with cetaphil and moisturize with neutrogena.[/QUOTE]

Don't use water to wash your face in the wintertime. Water will actually 'wick' out more of the skins natural oils and moisture and leave your skin feeling even drier. Use something that will cleanse the skin without water - something you wipe on, then wipe off with a tissue or something else gentle to your skin.

Lotions will not help to replenish the moisture content of your skin. You can try jojoba (4oz) mixed with vitamin E (1oz), Rice Bran Oil (1oz) and Sweet ALmond Oil (1oz). Apply sparingly to your skin and allow it to absorb before applying your makeup. If you apply the right amount, it will completely absorb within 10 minutes. If you apply too much you will just feel 'greasy'. Lotions will condition the surface layer of the skin while the oil mixture will penetrate, condition, moisturize and heal dry skin.

Old 12-16-2003, 04:18 PM   #4

siren3 HB User

Thank you!... I actually think I have a whole new problem now too, but I'm going to go post it in a new thread. Thanks again, all the information is still what I needed!

Last edited by siren3; 12-16-2003 at 04:20 PM.

Closed Thread