It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2003, 11:37 PM   #1

t-dash HB User
An apple a day... no make that "A Lemon a day keeps the doctor away"

Whatís with that an apple a day little rhyme... I hear Lemons are the things to keep you healthy. I read they clean up skin complexion, from redness to acnes, rashes, detoxifies your body, and cleans up the liver and kidneys... So I decided to eat/drink a lemon a day to see what happens. If anything significant does I'll write it here.

Day 1 I used a juicer to get the lemon juice out, drank it straight (its got quite a bite to it! I love it, a good kick to get me going) and then ate the left over insides... I'm looking for organic lemons because I hear eating the peel of fruit is where all the vitamins and minerals are actually at...

Anyway just wondering if anyone else had heard this stuff about Lemons and have tried it, or would like to try my Lemon-A-Day experiment and report on the progress (if any).

t-dash
So if Lemons are so great... what good are apples for? That rhyme needs to change.

Old 12-17-2003, 02:38 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User
Re: An apple a day... no make that "A Lemon a day keeps the doctor away"

You don't need to precisely eat and entire lemon every day. Squeezing some lemon juice into a glass of water (i've read warm/hot water is better than cold first thing in the morning) and drinking it each morning is supposed to be beneficial enough for inner cleansing. Besides, eating lemons each day isn't suitable for every single person due to the high acidity content as not everybody can tolerate that and it would also depend on whether or not you had any other health problems.

Apples are beneficial too. You shouldn't just stick to one type of fruit every single day. It's healthy to have a little bit of everything. You are right though, alot of the vitamins are stored in the peel of the foods we eat eg: potato, kiwi fruit, apples.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-17-2003, 09:37 AM   #3

t-dash HB User

Yah I don't think I have a tolerance to citrus acids... sooo I may have to reduce my intake. We'll see what sort of things happen

As for apples I was hoping someone would know what they directly help with, or is it one of those fruits that benefit everything in general... I eat a gala apple a day in class as a snack. I'm sort of a health nutt, no pop, junk food, fast food, I exercise etc etc

t-dash

[QUOTE=Audrey-B]You don't need to precisely eat and entire lemon every day. Squeezing some lemon juice into a glass of water (i've read warm/hot water is better than cold first thing in the morning) and drinking it each morning is supposed to be beneficial enough for inner cleansing. Besides, eating lemons each day isn't suitable for every single person due to the high acidity content as not everybody can tolerate that and it would also depend on whether or not you had any other health problems.

Apples are beneficial too. You shouldn't just stick to one type of fruit every single day. It's healthy to have a little bit of everything. You are right though, alot of the vitamins are stored in the peel of the foods we eat eg: potato, kiwi fruit, apples.[/QUOTE]

Old 12-19-2003, 05:01 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntchilada HB User

I have heard that lemons are diuretics.

Closed Thread