It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2004, 03:18 PM   #1

fruitisgood0908 HB User
Question jojoba oil question....*applying it*

I recently started using jojoba oil in the morning and at night. I have two questions regarding the use/application of it though. I read in a post on these boards that I had to be sure my face was 100% dry before applying it otherwise it could clog my pores...is this true? Also, I wait atleast 10 minutes or more before applying my makeup afterwards....is this a sufficient amount of time? I know jojoba oil helps other oils etc. breakdown and draw into the pores......I don't want it doing this with my makeup! So should I just apply it at night? Thanks for any help!!

Lyndsay

Old 01-10-2004, 04:06 PM   #2

Invincible HB User
Re: jojoba oil question....*applying it*

[QUOTE=fruitisgood0908]I recently started using jojoba oil in the morning and at night. I have two questions regarding the use/application of it though. I read in a post on these boards that I had to be sure my face was 100% dry before applying it otherwise it could clog my pores...is this true? Also, I wait atleast 10 minutes or more before applying my makeup afterwards....is this a sufficient amount of time? I know jojoba oil helps other oils etc. breakdown and draw into the pores......I don't want it doing this with my makeup! So should I just apply it at night? Thanks for any help!!

Lyndsay[/QUOTE]

Just use it at night! But it's not essential for your face to be dry b4 application.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2004, 04:58 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Marti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB User
Re: jojoba oil question....*applying it*

[QUOTE=fruitisgood0908]I recently started using jojoba oil in the morning and at night. I have two questions regarding the use/application of it though. I read in a post on these boards that I had to be sure my face was 100% dry before applying it otherwise it could clog my pores...is this true? Also, I wait atleast 10 minutes or more before applying my makeup afterwards....is this a sufficient amount of time? I know jojoba oil helps other oils etc. breakdown and draw into the pores......I don't want it doing this with my makeup! So should I just apply it at night? Thanks for any help!!

Lyndsay[/QUOTE]

Jojoba Oil WILL NOT clog your pores! Jojoba oil will mimic your bodies natural sebum production (much as fish oil will, but the molecules are smaller). The molecules are small enough to penetrate the skins pores, open them up and draw any other oils mixed with it into your skin (vitamin E for example). It will not draw the molecules of your makeup in after it because of the chemicals used in the composition of the makeup. The chemicals are usually clay based, and this sort of 'stuff' will sit on the surface regardless of what you apply to your face before application.

Wash your face, dry with a towel, then apply no more than 3 drops of jojoba oil to your skin. Allow it to absorb for 10 minutes - usually the length of time it takes you to blow dry your hair. Any residue remaining after 10 minutes can be wiped from the skin with a lint free wipe or a tissue because it will not absorb into the skin anyway - the skin can only absorb so much.

Apply in the morning and especially at night. If you need a more 'healing' oil, mix 1oz of vitamin E with 6oz of jojoba.

Closed Thread