It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2004, 08:24 AM   #1

Rainy02 HB User
Blisters on my sons finger.....

Last week my son had a blister on the inside of his index finger. I stuck it with a clean needle to drain the clear fluid.
The next day (Sunday) it was swollen and yellow in appearance.

So the next day I brought him to the clinic so a doctor to look at it because 3 more little blisters appeared.
She didnt really know what they were. So she prescribed him a 5 day supply of antibiotics.

I have given my son the antibiotics as prescribed.

Now, the second set of blisters have all turned yellow and a little swollen and yesterday we found 3 or 4 more tiny blisters developing.

Also, I want to add. I sterilized a needle and poked one of the yellow blisters to see if it was filled with pus.
It wasn't. It seems that they yellowish color was the color of the blister.

I have been covering the sores with a triple antibiotic (that is also what the doctor said to do).

Any ideas?

Old 02-01-2004, 11:39 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Marti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB User
Re: Blisters on my sons finger.....

[QUOTE=Rainy02]Last week my son had a blister on the inside of his index finger. I stuck it with a clean needle to drain the clear fluid.

So the next day I brought him to the clinic so a doctor to look at it because 3 more little blisters appeared.
She didnt really know what they were. So she prescribed him a 5 day supply of antibiotics.

Now, the second set of blisters have all turned yellow and a little swollen and yesterday we found 3 or 4 more tiny blisters developing.

Also, I want to add. I sterilized a needle and poked one of the yellow blisters to see if it was filled with pus.

I have been covering the sores with a triple antibiotic (that is also what the doctor said to do).

Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

It sounds more like an irritant or contact dermatitis. Either one will appear as little fluid-filled blisters that will burst open by themselves. I wouldn't poke them with a needle as the fluid can actually make the blisters spread. Try and think of what he has been touching or playing with that could cause the blisters. It will usually be some type of fluid/liquid or something made of latex rubber. Some people are allergic to latex and will break out in blisters like you describe.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2004, 07:47 AM   #3

irish34 HB User

PLEASE search on the internet (***********) for LINEAR IgA Disease. My daughter has this and it started the SAME was as your son. It is usually a childhood disease that they grow out of, but it is very rare. Yeah right, you're thinking?!? I thought so too until yesterday when we were at Childrens Hospital with a Pediatric Dermatologist and it was confirmed. Please look at the photos on the web and read the symptoms...please keep me posted. Remember that not ALL bumps will look the same but you should find some similarities there if it is Linear IgA.
Good Luck!!! I'll be thinking of you.

Old 03-19-2004, 04:19 PM   #4

strbay HB User

[QUOTE=Marti]It sounds more like an irritant or contact dermatitis. Either one will appear as little fluid-filled blisters that will burst open by themselves. I wouldn't poke them with a needle as the fluid can actually make the blisters spread. Try and think of what he has been touching or playing with that could cause the blisters. It will usually be some type of fluid/liquid or something made of latex rubber. Some people are allergic to latex and will break out in blisters like you describe.[/QUOTE]

I had a little girl on my soccer team with the same syptoms.. I thought it was poison ivy... One of the other parents on the team was a physician and diagnosed it as bulbous impetigo. I believe bactroban is the antibiotic that is typically used ... and is one of the ingredients in trisporin ointment, however, it usually requires an oral antibiotic.

Last edited by strbay; 03-19-2004 at 04:20 PM.

Old 03-19-2004, 04:21 PM   #5

strbay HB User

[Post #4] 03-19-2004, 08:19 PM
strbay
Newbie Join Date: Mar 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marti
It sounds more like an irritant or contact dermatitis. Either one will appear as little fluid-filled blisters that will burst open by themselves. I wouldn't poke them with a needle as the fluid can actually make the blisters spread. Try and think of what he has been touching or playing with that could cause the blisters. It will usually be some type of fluid/liquid or something made of latex rubber. Some people are allergic to latex and will break out in blisters like you describe.

I had a little girl on my soccer team with the same syptoms.. I thought it was poison ivy... One of the other parents on the team was a physician and diagnosed it as bulbous impetigo. I believe bactroban is the antibiotic that is typically used ... and is one of the ingredients in trisporin ointment, however, it usually requires an oral antibiotic.

Old 03-20-2004, 02:26 AM   #6

Julianna HB User
Smile Re: Blisters on my sons finger.....

[QUOTE=Rainy02]Last week my son had a blister on the inside of his index finger. I stuck it with a clean needle to drain the clear fluid.

Any ideas?[/QUOTE]I would look up on line Hand foot mouth disease. Its very common with small children.They usually get little blisters on their hands,soles of their feet. My daughter just got over this. She needed a round of antibotics for it. Hope this helps

Old 03-20-2004, 09:41 AM   #7

kcoffey25 HB User

If they don't respond to the antibiotics take him to a dermatologist. This could be so many things, I have pustular psoriasis & it started like this. good luck

Last edited by kcoffey25; 03-20-2004 at 09:42 AM.

Old 03-22-2004, 06:53 PM   #8

chetisgood HB User

I have suffered with a similar condition. I have visited multiple physicans to no avail. I have often found in any dermatitis episode, a few simple changes have been helpful. For instance discontiuning use of harsh soaps, shampoos, lotions and other irratants. Many of these cause allergic reactions of the skin. I also try to keep the ares moisturized, with dye and scent free lotions, petro. jelly or even vegetable oil. Afterwards wrapping them in a wet bandage. I repeat this cycle as much as possible. Although I am not a physican, and am in no way qualified to diagnose your son, I notice striking simularities. I also feel that is meets the major criterion of atopic dermatitis, as published by the NATIONAL ECZEMA ORGANIZATION. I would suggest e-mailing them for more information at [url]www.info@nationaleczema.org[/url]. Good luck!

Closed Thread