It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2004, 01:03 PM   #1
(female)

W.VgirlinIOWA HB User
Boil on eyelid

Hello all ,
I just recently noticed my eyelid was getting really sore now I have a Big bump about one inch in length ,it is not as sore as it was when it was first developing .But now it is hard and big and a little sore.I am asuming it is a boil .I am wondering is there anything I can do for it ,besides warm water.Cause it is in such a tender area.Should I go to the doctor ? Can this infect my eye and cause something serious? Thanks for reading my post,any advice will help.:-)

Old 03-09-2004, 06:37 AM   #2
(female)

W.VgirlinIOWA HB User
Re: Boil on eyelid

[QUOTE=W.VgirlinIOWA]Hello all ,
I just recently noticed my eyelid was getting really sore now I have a Big bump about one inch in length ,it is not as sore as it was when it was first developing .But now it is hard and big and a little sore.I am asuming it is a boil .I am wondering is there anything I can do for it ,besides warm water.Cause it is in such a tender area.Should I go to the doctor ? Can this infect my eye and cause something serious? Thanks for reading my post,any advice will help.:-)[/QUOTE]
:-( anyone?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2004, 11:29 AM   #3

Tater Tot HB User

Ok I'm more replying because you haven't gotten any responses more so than being an expert with this unfortunately.

I use to get 'boils' on my eye lids and would use a warm tea bag and hold it against it with my eye shut (actually helped bring it down). I was also told to rub a penny against it, maybe an old superstition but they said something in the copper helped break it down. I tried it but didn't notice anything. Since I stopped wearing eye liner on my inner bottom lid...I haven't had one since (XX fingers crossed XX)
I also had a hard 'boil' (dr. called it something else but can't remember) in my eye lid that's lasting for years (4 yrs + counting) and the tea bag didn't help this one. Funny enough I felt for it today and it's barely there. Dr. said it was nothing to worry about, but I remember doing a search for it at the time and they can cut them out...but cutting something outta my eye lid is a big "NO" from me. Mine use to be quite visible and bugged me but it's gone down now and you can't see it, just feel a trace of it. I was told to rub it and try to break it down a bit by doing that...so I would do that from time to time at the beginning.

Ok a lot of talking for not being an expert hey! Hope some of this might have been helpful. Good luck!

Old 03-09-2004, 11:35 AM   #4
(female)

W.VgirlinIOWA HB User

Hi there..thanks for replying ..I have been putting a warm washcloth on it ..but it is still there and huge..I do not want no cutting done on my eyelid..thats a sensitive area.This is the first time I have ever had one on my eyelid.I have had them in my ears on my inner thighs and on back.But never on my eyelid...i have cleaned my face in oxy solution being careful around my eye and just grazing over the eyelid.Maybe something will help..Thanks alot for your reply..I thought I might have been a first to get one on the eyelid.

Old 03-09-2004, 11:44 AM   #5

Tater Tot HB User

You're welcome! Try making tea and taking the soaked tea bag and when it's bareable (not scortching hot!) place against the boil on your lid and hold it there for a good while...(5-10 min?) It may help or you may need to do it a few times a day. I had a blind date once and remember sitting at work that day pressing a tea bag against my eye worried that I'd look freakish that night on my date. It went down fortunately!

Closed Thread