It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2004, 01:13 PM   #1

Jacquelovesu HB User
thin..... with STRETCH MARKS!!

OK I'm only 15 years old and I weigh 110lbs. I workout and eat resonably healthy. (approx 150 carbs a day, good carbs ie fruit) Why the **** do I have [U]STRETCH MARKS [/U] on my inner thighs and hips???? I've NEVER been over 112lbs!! They keep appearing, more and more... It is FREAKING me OUT! Is something WRONG?

Also, side note: If I eat and workout the way I do, why do I have a pudgy stomach?

Old 04-02-2004, 06:22 AM   #2

CocoEstrada HB User
Unhappy Re: thin..... with STRETCH MARKS!!

oh my gosh, me too! im 14, a little under 110 and i have stretch marks on my inner thighs and hips... some are starting to appear on my boobs !! i don't know what to do either... i think we're screwed, no one has replied yet.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2004, 01:15 PM   #3

emma72 HB User
Re: thin..... with STRETCH MARKS!!

Hey you two! I was very thin as a teenager and had stretch marks from the time I was about twelve. I do not have much of an explanation but for some reason I always assumed it was because I was on the tall side - stupid, I know. The truth is, it probably has to do with a lack of elasticity in your skin that is inherited from your mom. And I don't think you are screwed - mine faded quite a bit once I hit my twenties!

Old 04-04-2004, 07:56 PM   #4
(female)

Janette* HB User

Sounds like me... I got a lot of stretch marks during puberty. It doesn't necessarily mean you're fat, it just means you GREW too fast for your skin to keep up. Remember, you're young. You're constantly growing. There isn't much you could have done to prevent it.

I wish I had some advice for you, but I really don't know how to prevent or get rid of stretch marks. The only good news is... they fade over time.

Old 04-05-2004, 12:20 AM   #5

moe2121 HB User

it happens to most women. it really has little to do with being overweight although that can make them worse or give you more. its really from growing. vitamin E oil has been known to reduce stretch marks when applied to the skin. Also, there are plenty of "scar therapy" creams now that supposedly work well such as mederma but i know mederma is a little pricey.

Old 05-27-2004, 08:23 PM   #6

whyme14 HB User

im thin and fairly tall im a 14 yr old male and i have the same problem... i have them on my hips and thighs thoough those do not bother me its the 5 or so on the right side of my back.. any suggestions?

Old 06-10-2004, 11:46 PM   #7

Wubby HB User

Hey everyone, I have had stetch marks from the time I was 11 or 12..it was terrible...I felt so hideoous, I wasnt very skinny, but I got them cause I had a big growth spurt. I have them on my inner thighs, inner arms, around my boobs, on my hips...and just after last summer, I got some on my belly!!! I just recently ordered some stuff called TriLASTIN...I am hoping and praying that it will werk. It says it will start showing results within 2-4 weeks, but takes several months for it to completely make them appear not there at all...I'll keep you posted.

-kade

Old 06-11-2004, 12:53 AM   #8
(female)

greenfairy84 HB User

It's normal,even for skinny girls to get stretch marks.I had some appear on my butt when i was about 16 i think and had no clue what they were and was maybe a 105 lbs and the worst part is i don't even have a booty so i guess it was from my hips spreading out too quickly for my skin to keep up = bright red lines all over.All i can say is that they do fade over time to where they are barely noticeable altho for some reason it makes it look like i have cellulite because of how uneven my skin looks from them being so many layers beneath on my flabby bum.The 2 things i've found that help a lot is: staying tan (once they're faded) and a good cellulite cream because it tightens the skin so it looks even,makes me look kinda tone too.

I've heard taking a teaspoon of flaxseed oil or omega 3's fish oil (not capsules but straight oil) is good for your skin and over all health.

Old 07-06-2004, 04:11 AM   #9

spacy_lady HB User

I think a majorfactor in getting stretch marks is too many processed foods, the skin and body is just not getting enough nutrients.

I have been researching quite a bit and have found out that a diet that is eliminated of fast foods, or foods bought off the shelf i.e have a long shelf life so full of ADDITIVES AND PRESERVATIVES is the best one.

So fresh bread (wholemeal in morning), vegetables for lunch, fish for supper etc is the best sort of diet. Cut out the fizzy drinks, the chocolate etc, and start taking a omega 3,6,9 high strength supplement and it should help to avoid getting the marks.

Also birth control pills such as diannette contribute to getting stretch marks, and some other medication. Our bodies just need an overhaul.

If anybody disagrees with what im saying, please let me know, this is just what i've picked up from my research. We underestimate how much impact on our skin our diet has....

Old 07-17-2004, 01:16 PM   #10
(female)

LoveLiz HB User

Don't worry about the strecth marks. I know they're a pain and not fun to have but just about EVERY girl I know has them somewhere, myself included (I've never been over-weight and I'm a health/fitness nut). They just come with growing up and occur when the skin stretches, which is why they're common on the breasts, hips, and thigh areas. I don't know if they ever go away completely without treatment, but I've read that they do fade over time. Coco butter and pure vitamin E are said to help reduce the appearance of them if used daily for a few months, so you girls may want to give one of those a try.

As far as the tummy pudge goes, make sure your diet and exercise routine is accurate/working. Make sure you're getting GOOD fats, getting plenty of cardio at least 3-4+ times a week, doing lots of exercises to target your abdominals and obliques, and you should start to see it melt away eventually.

Old 07-22-2004, 08:42 PM   #11

chellsearock HB User

Don't worry, I am a young teen and thinand has always been thin with streatch marks on my inner thighs, are you tall? Did you grow alot recently. Streatch marks can come from being tall,or having long legs, they should fade away soon..

Old 07-24-2004, 09:31 PM   #12

wizziie HB User

Yeah I have stretch marks...its REALLY annoying but is it normal to get them on ur legs...like I have sum on the back fo where my shin is (i dunno wat its called)...a calf?...anyways....I'm freeking put coz I dunno why Im getting it there...I dunno if I've out on weight but I dont think I've lost weight...(I'm not overweight and never have been)....

Last edited by wizziie; 07-24-2004 at 09:31 PM.

Old 07-29-2004, 02:22 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

rush_rulz HB User

I've had mine since I was about twelve or thirteen myself, and unfortunately mine have gotten worse. Have you seen the lotion they have in walmart, the spa therapy kind that's very thick and has grapefruit extracts? Well, that seems to help if you use it each night...but I think i'd have to use it for the rest of my life to get rid of them. I've never had kids but I have them all over my thighs and breasts. My weight's always fluctuated though, but even when I was skinny (I am slightly close to being overweight now I had them just as bad as now.....I don't know why!

Old 07-29-2004, 08:36 PM   #14
(female)

AutumnMist HB User

I'm 16 and only about 105 lbs. and I have stretch marks on my butt, my upper thighs, and my breasts. Probably the reason for the ones on my butt is because I was already 5'3 in the 5th/6th grade (and I'm still 5'3 lol), so I can understand that maybe the skin stretched a little. As for my breasts and thighs, I went from 98 lbs. to 105 lbs. in a few months so I understand that. Lol...I feel like I'm talking about chicken for some reason.

Anyways, have you gained any weight lately? Or grown in height? That could be it.

Old 07-31-2004, 06:40 PM   #15

dekonstruct HB User

my husband has them too! he's only 20, but he used to be chubby, and he's tall, so it's probably from that. he also used to play with the skin on his lower back,lol, thus causing it, i think, to have some weird strech marks... and it could could be from mucho junk food, he's guilty of that too. but i don't think they make him look less attractive

there's this thing called bio-oil, supposedly it makes them fade... it's about £8 at the chemist. you can search for them online, and read reviews and such.

Closed Thread