It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2004, 09:28 AM   #1

stolen sunshine HB User
Unhappy red bumps on hands, knees, elbows

I'm 18, and I have these red bumps on my hands and fingers that has spread to my elbows and knees. I recently moved from Massachusetts to Florida and I don't know if that has anything to do with it? I also recently changed my birth control and took Augmentin (an antibiotic), which gave me a yeast infection that led me to take diflucan. Has anyone else ever gotten this kind of rash? it seems to be localized around my knuckles. Any comments or help at all would be extremely helpful. Thank you.

Old 01-12-2005, 09:48 PM   #2
(male)

heavymetaler HB User
Re: red bumps on hands, knees, elbows

I am also 18 years old but a male and get the exact same problem with extended exposure to the sun such as a trip to mexico or a heavy week of outdoor activities. They start on the knuckles and then work up the top of my pointer fingerrs. It then starts on my elbows and knees they are itchy and when in the sun they tingle. I havent gone to the doctor yet for it but have been getting it for the past few years when going to mexico.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2007, 10:35 AM   #3
(male)

scuba 15 HB User

Yes I am A male 17 years of age and I am having the same problem. This bump started on my left index knuckle and has spread just on my back side of my hands elbows and knees. This seems to keep on coming back about every spring and fall for the past few years. I have gone to the doctors and they do not know what it is. They just give me cream to take down the itching until it fades away on its own. It stays about 1 or 2 weeks. Any ifmoration that I could get would be helpful.

Thanks,
Scuba 15

Old 10-08-2007, 08:32 PM   #4
(female)

daniknapp07 HB User

i am a 19 yr old female and ever since i can remember i get recurring itchy red bumps on the most dry areas of my body. when i was in the seventh grade i was babysitting an infant who had the fifth disease and a few days later these itchy red bumps spread so quickly all over my hands, elbows, knees, and feet. i also got them inside my throat.
i went to the doctor and he obviously diagnosed me with the fifth disease and gave me meds to kill the virus.
still to this day however i get these bumps...mostly on my knuckles but sometimes i break out so badly on my knees that it becomes uncomfortable to wear anything that rubs my knees.
it is nice to hear of others having this problem because no one i have met has ever had this problem and when i went to the dermatologist she couldnt explain why they were happening.
one thing i do notice is they pop up when i am on my cycle, or when i am very stressed or sick.

Closed Thread