It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2004, 08:38 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

singer1 HB User
Question on thinning skin and steroids

My mother has been on steroid for 2 years and the only time that she had stopped is when she had a surgery. A doctor told her that the steroids made her skin so thin, that being fair skinned (and being in her 60's) that she would bruise easily. Well....she sure does! When she scratches, she bruises. The doc told her that it would also take a year for her skin to "thicken" up again because of the long term use she was on. She is no longer on the steroids. Does any of this make any sense to anyone?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2004, 08:39 PM   #2
(female)

Jeanster HB User
Re: Question on thinning skin and steroids

Hi, what kind of steroid was your mother on? I was using topical steroids on my face on and off for a year and a half and developed all sorts of skin problems because of it. If you read my post about hydrocorisone cream you will see what I have gone through. I have researched what steroids can do to you and the side effects and yes thinning of the skin is a side effect of steroids. Steroids cause all sorts of problems and it's a good thing your mother is finally off them. I am still going through withdraw from the cream. Good Luck

Jean

Last edited by moderator2; 04-27-2004 at 06:23 AM. Reason: Please carefully read, know and follow the Healthboards.com Policies and Guidelines. Click on FAQ at the top left of this page. Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2004, 09:36 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

singer1 HB User

Thank You so much!!!!!

Old 04-27-2004, 11:18 AM   #4
(female)

Jeanster HB User

I forgot to tell you if you search "steroid warning" under yahoo or google, go to the steroid warning network. They have lots of info and a current message board

Old 04-27-2004, 12:05 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

singer1 HB User

Thank You, I will check it out!

Closed Thread