It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2004, 11:17 AM   #1

Shannon81 HB User
Question White circles on my body! ??

I am a mess! I am 22 and I had shingles in November. I got over that and now I have these circles that don't itch or hurt, mostly on the trunk of my body. I have seen 2 doctors and 1 dermatologist. The first 2 doctors said that the had no idea what it was and the dermatologist said that it MAY be Pityriasis Rosea. After the visit, I looked online for pictures and that is not what I have!! Pityriasis Roseae is really red raised circles and mine are not! The dermatologist gave me some kind of antibiotic and told me that if I doesn't go away in a month then I have to go back for a biopsy.(It has been 2 weeks already) I am really worried because they are multiplying. Does anyone have any ideas of what it could be? I hope that you all can help me!
Shannon

Old 05-05-2004, 05:25 AM   #2

Julianna HB User
Re: White circles on my body! ??

Are they perfectly shaped circles? I was thinking maybe its vitiligo, which sometimes could happen after an illness among other things. Whatever it is, call your derm so that you don't have to sit there and worry yourself sick. If he does'nt want to listen, find a new one. It could also be a side efffect of something having to do with shingles. Take care

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2004, 12:41 PM   #3

Shannon81 HB User

[QUOTE=Julianna]Are they perfectly shaped circles? I was thinking maybe its vitiligo, which sometimes could happen after an illness among other things. Whatever it is, call your derm so that you don't have to sit there and worry yourself sick. If he does'nt want to listen, find a new one. It could also be a side efffect of something having to do with shingles. Take care[/QUOTE]

Some of them are perfect circles but now it's spreading down at my bikini line. That one is just a big white splotch. I called him at told him but he said to see what the medicine did first. I think I'll probably find a new one if the medicine doesn't work after the month. Thanks for the info! I really appreciate it!

Old 05-06-2004, 05:25 AM   #4

Julianna HB User

what was the medicine he gave you? Was it some kind of steroid based cream. The reason I ask this is because you also have to be careful with that because it thins the skin after awhile. Take care and let us know what happens

Old 05-06-2004, 03:14 PM   #5

Shannon81 HB User

[QUOTE=Julianna]what was the medicine he gave you? Was it some kind of steroid based cream. The reason I ask this is because you also have to be careful with that because it thins the skin after awhile. Take care and let us know what happens [/QUOTE]
I think the medicine is Minocycline. I don't have it with me right now but I think that is what it is. I have to take 2 pills a day for a month. I hate it!! I makes me really sick feeling. After I go back I'll let ya know what he says!
Thanks for the input!
Shannon

Old 06-03-2004, 06:25 AM   #6
(female)

elegantgi HB User

It does sound like you have vitiligo. Are some of of the spots really small white circles. If you thats probably what it is. You may want to find another dermatologist and get a second opinion.

Old 06-12-2004, 01:24 AM   #7

Dianahauan HB User

Hi,
My name is Diana. I had been a sufferer of tinea versicolor since my teen years, growing up in California, the sunshine state, just made matters worse. I've had my share of out breaks, some mild and other times, I looked smothered and covered with white spots. I had become frustrated that there was not a product available specifically for this skin condition. I had tried the Selsun Blue, hated the smell and my skin was red and irritated after using it.
In 2001, I started my research on this very subject, tested numerous antifungal agents, and applied for a patent. I wanted to develop a product that was safe, effective and easy to use. The products are a 13.8 oz bottle of body wash, a 7.1 oz bottle of body scrub and a 9.1 oz bottle of lotion. These products should last a few months. I went one step further and made the products pleasantly scented, much like the Herbal Essences. I was granted my patent in Nov 2003.
I have started my own business, and I am currently building a web site to promote and sell my product. A company in California has shown interest in perhaps licensing this product, so with any luck this product could be on the shelves at Wal-Mart in the near future.
In the mean time, I am going to make my products available on E-Bay.
My company name is Bare Skin Solutions INC. The 3 part skin care system, with loofha, will be available at an introductory price of $19.99 that includes the cost of shipping and handling. [url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5501647593[/url]
I appreciate you taking the time to read this e-mail. If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail me, and if you purchase my product I would definitely love some feed back. Perhaps some before and after photos. Thanks Again,
Diana Hauan

Old 06-12-2004, 03:35 AM   #8

iguana2004 HB User

Hi, my name is Maria,i'm 22,from Bulgaria and i have the same problem i guess!
I have very white skin, and last year after some sunbathing i started to have white spots around some of the moles ( not big moles that are potentionaly dangerous for cancer but the small dark spots that here we also call moles)on my body- most of them really tiny, at places that are in contact with the sun. I went to some supposed to be good dermatologist - she said it is depigmentaion of the skin, some people have it, it's not a desease blabla, and no cure. I don't have a lot so i don't really care if they are there or not. The doctor also said they would be gone when my ten falls and i'm white again and they did disappear. So now this year i want to have tan again and my mom made me go to a doctor again to ask if i can tan (the first one said u ccan but better not ect.). I went to another dermatologist and she said it was something like vitiligo but not exactly, that there is a medicine and it is expensive! So now i have no idea which one of the two is right, so i guess i'll go to another doctor for third opinion . I can't find anything online about white spots that appear around moles and in my case it's defenetely because of sunbathing.
They do not hurt , i'm just worried for the moles because on my back i have 3 spots that are big - 2-3 cm in diameter - and the larger the sopt becomes the smaller the mole gets. That's kind of weird !!!!
If anyone has heard of this before please answer - because my doctor hasn't for sure

Old 06-13-2004, 03:21 AM   #9

Julianna HB User

I can't find anything online about white spots that appear around moles and in my case it's defenetely because of sunbathing.

It sounds like it could be Halo nevus, do a search online. I have heard of this before.

Old 06-14-2004, 04:06 AM   #10

iguana2004 HB User

Thank you do much! I think this is it and i'm going soon to a doctor just to check out!
And it is a relief i thought it might be vitiligo
Take care

Closed Thread