It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2004, 03:18 PM   #1
(female)

ramonamom HB User
bite, cyst, or what?

I am having a problem with what the doctor thinks is a bite, possibly a spider bite.

It started as a small, hard lump under the skin, under my bra line (less than pea sized). I poked it a bit and a little white stuff came out, so I thought it was a pimple or something. It got worse and worse and very sore, so I went to the doc. He says insect bite and give me an antibiotic, also says to do warm compresses.

That was Thursday and it is even more sore now. I cannot tolerate the warm compresses anymore.

There is a definite center to it, with a *** there, so it is probably a bite. Then there is a red area, then a lighter red area around that. It has a knot now that is about 2" diameter and is very sore to the touch.

Any suggestions? I am considering trying ice packs, rather than warm compresses. I will call Monday, if it is not somewhat better, but what do I need to watch out for in the meantime?

Thanks,
Ramona

Old 05-08-2004, 03:19 PM   #2
(female)

ramonamom HB User
Re: bite, cyst, or what?

Odd, why did the board not print the word "***"? It put asterisks instead... Maybe spelled it wrong or something?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2004, 06:32 PM   #3

chelann HB User
Re: bite, cyst, or what?

It sounds like a sabaceous cyst to me. I have had a couple of them. It seems like it has gotten infected and that is why it is red and irritating. I had one right at my collar bone and I squeezed at it, It got infected and I swear it got bigger than a golf ball!! I had to go right to a general surgeon and he had to cut it to drain it. I really can't imagine a spider bite having white stuff come out of it, but I am not a Doctor! Good luck and don't squeeze!!! Trust me!

Closed Thread