It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2004, 04:05 PM   #1
Inactive

SaraLee HB User
Question Deep wart on heel, need idea for cure

Hi,
I have a very deep wart on the pad part of my heel. My doctor suggested over the counter wart remover but said it is so deep it may not work and the only other solution is surgery which is painful and swells the foot.
Does anyone know of another kind of application to use to get rid of a deep wart on the bottom of the foot? I was told to soak my foot and remove the surface dead skin and will do that but now need a solution to apply to the wart to kill it.
Please, any ideas? It itches a lot.
Thanks,
SaraLee

Old 08-17-2004, 08:25 PM   #2
Inactive

Lavender76 HB User
Re: Deep wart on heel, need idea for cure

[QUOTE=SaraLee]Hi,
I have a very deep wart on the pad part of my heel. My doctor suggested over the counter wart remover but said it is so deep it may not work and the only other solution is surgery which is painful and swells the foot.
Does anyone know of another kind of application to use to get rid of a deep wart on the bottom of the foot? I was told to soak my foot and remove the surface dead skin and will do that but now need a solution to apply to the wart to kill it.
Please, any ideas? It itches a lot.
Thanks,
SaraLee[/QUOTE]
Sara, I fought plantars warts on the bottom ball of my foot for several years.
The doctor "froze" them off TWICE only to come back. Third time she cut it out and guess what? It came back. So I decided to just handle it myself.
I bought some of those salicylic acid round pads from drug store. Washed foot and dryed it at night, put on the pad directly on wart,then bandaid. Next day I took off pad and bandage, soaked foot, then used a pumice stone on it, scraped it a little with an exacto knife (be very careful) and did that routine for three months. It took consistency of doing every night but it worked and that's been five years ago. Considered the doc made three attempts I decided to fix it myself. Might give it a try. Worked for me. Those planters warts have deep roots from standing on your feet. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2004, 05:08 AM   #3
Inactive

SaraLee HB User

Thanks Lavendar,
Wow, you went through a lot to get rid of your wart! I didn't want to go the surgical route because as you said, there was no guarantee the wart would be gone for good.

I did try those little patches, soaked my foot and scrapped away dead skin but only for about 3 weeks, so maybe I gave up to soon! I became afraid because it made an indentation in my foot where I put the patches and I got freaked. To this day there is a dent in my skin, but the plantar wort's root is still in there. Did you end up with a scar or a dent in your foot? Just wondering. I'll give the patches another try and use them for a longer time frame.
SaraLee

Old 08-18-2004, 08:16 AM   #4
Inactive

Lavender76 HB User
Smile Re: Deep wart on heel, need idea for cure

Sara,
Yes for some time I had an indentation, but then it filled in and the area is whiter than the rest of my skin. But frankly, I'm not going to be modeling the bottom of my foot. hehe. And yes, I don't think you kept with the program for long enough. You will know when. Good luck!

Old 08-18-2004, 09:14 AM   #5
Inactive

SaraLee HB User

Thanks Lavendar, I feel better about giving the patches a try again. I was afraid that I'd always have this hole on the bottom of my foot, lol. My feet are very caloused from walking barefoot for years, so they're no beauties either.

Old 08-22-2004, 01:50 PM   #6
(female)

jacksinn HB User

I had a wart that was lasered off and I had to use a moist dressing on it for a few days and it did drain a lot. I was off of work for a few days too. Worth it though.

Old 08-24-2004, 05:37 AM   #7

newhomeowner HB User

Hey there Sara and Lavender,

Good to know that these warts can be combatted effectively. I have had a plantar for about 2 years now, but have only been trying to get rid of it for the last 4 months or so, I think it is slowly going away.

I don't use the salicylic pads anymore (I find they aren't as effective for me), but the gel and that seems to be working. I trim away all the dead skin with cuticle clippers every other day or so, and apply the gel daily after taking a shower.

Hope this helps, and I will post back to let you know how it is progressing.

Old 11-11-2004, 09:30 PM   #8

alia16153 HB User

I have tried the pads but they do not seem to work for me and I do not want to cut at my wart.Are there any other tips ya'll have to give.Thanks!!

Old 11-28-2004, 03:16 PM   #9
(female)

getem90 HB User

Hey there lavender and SaraLee. Did you both get rid of your deep warts. I tried posting something to help but I don't think it went, so will try here. My sister wore a potatoe slice over the wart for aobut 7 nites and it went away. Perhaps if you bandaged a potatoe on for a month or two, it may work for you, too.

Old 12-08-2004, 09:51 PM   #10
(male)

IMX HB User

This worked for me:
[url]http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=231520[/url]

Closed Thread