It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2004, 12:02 AM   #1

putey HB User
Skin near around groin

Hi,

I have this problem with the skin around my groin.
I have thick thighs and thus sweat often. The skin around my inner thighs and groin start itching quite badly, there are no visible rashes though. But i do get bad scratches when i scratched too hard sometimes.

Recently i tried putting on talcum power on the area before i go out to work, it does ease the itch. However, i noticed that the skin is cracking up and peeling off. Is something seriously wrong with me?

Old 08-03-2004, 01:21 PM   #2

bggmm HB User
Re: Skin near around groin

Putey - If this problem just started it could be caused by either the laundry detergent you're using, or the fabric you're wearing. Some fabrics are very irritating to the skin when pressure is applied such as when upper thighs rub together.

The itching is most likley from applying the talcum powder (some have very irritating ingredients) to the areas of scratching, thus drying out the area, the reason for the peeling skin. Try applying an anti-perspirint to the area (actually, it's okay to apply it on most outer skin areas), and then apply some pure Corn Starch Powder (supermarkets sell it) on the same area(s). The Corn Starch is harmless (used on babies to keep crevices, etc., dry), and will keep you drier much longer than with talc.

I use this method and it's always worked for me. In addition, underarm anti-perspirant is more effective for sweaty feet than any of the specially formulated foot powders and sprays.

Hope this works well for you

[QUOTE=putey]Hi,

I have this problem with the skin around my groin.
I have thick thighs and thus sweat often. The skin around my inner thighs and groin start itching quite badly, there are no visible rashes though. But i do get bad scratches when i scratched too hard sometimes.

Recently i tried putting on talcum power on the area before i go out to work, it does ease the itch. However, i noticed that the skin is cracking up and peeling off. Is something seriously wrong with me?[/QUOTE]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread