It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2004, 11:23 PM   #1
Inactive

Pyroenix HB User
Mole removal recomendations

Im going to the dermatologist on the 20th this month about my acne (which has been getting worse in the past few months >.< but thats a different story). While Im there, I want to ask about the mole on my nose, and what I can do about getting it removed.

Anyway, My question is this: What methods have been successful with minimal scarring, and which methods should I avoid? I want to go into the appointment with a little knowledge about this stuff :P

Any information would be greatly appreciated ^_^

Old 08-13-2004, 12:59 PM   #2

banana234 HB User
Re: Mole removal recomendations

I'm crying so hard right now cuz i had one burned recently and its SUCH A BIG SCAR and they dont even care that they are stealing one year of my life! , just get it cut out and stitches...that leaves NO scar at all.....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2004, 11:38 PM   #3

pelachrum HB User

[QUOTE=banana234]... just get it cut out and stitches...that leaves NO scar at all.....[/QUOTE]

you sure about that banana?? cut and stiches is a pretty nasty intervention into the skin (even if done with style) Do you have a particualr case that you witnessed to make that statement?

Someone I know had a mole removed just 2 days ago, the doctor used some sort of scrape off technique, according to him that's something they started using recently and it supposed to leave scaring less noticable than whatever they've used till now. Time will show. As of right know it looks like someone just pulled the little sucker out leaving a shallow hole, the edges are clean and the size is just about the size of the mole that used to be there I think.

Old 08-17-2004, 10:23 PM   #4
Inactive

Pyroenix HB User

Aww, Im sorry Banana. Hey, if you want, you can look at it this way: Scars fade, but moles dont. Maybe a little something to brighten your outlook. *Hugs Banana*

About the scraping... I dont know if its the same thing or not, but when I saw the dermatologist when I was around 11 years old (16 now), they said that if it got too large, they could shave the mole off. The color (and the mole root or whatever makes the mole be there) would still be there, but it would be flat. I was wondering... If I got it shaved off, could my skin then be bleached to hide the color? What do you guys think about that?

Old 08-20-2004, 02:52 PM   #5

banana234 HB User

yeah maybe it's scraped? whatever, stitches heal faster than no stitches.

Old 08-20-2004, 02:54 PM   #6

banana234 HB User

i can take a picture of where i had stitches and there is NO SCAR at all

Old 08-20-2004, 04:09 PM   #7
Senior Veteran

worried_mommy HB User

I had one removed off my shoulder because it had been changing. Had it cut out and stiches, and now I have a HUGE scar, a circle, about an inch and a half in diameter. My Dr has stiched me up many times before and has always done a wonderful job. She doesn't know why the scar is so big either, she said she didnt even take close to that amount of tissue??

Old 10-09-2007, 11:50 PM   #8
(female)

aasritha HB User

Oil of oregano (pure, like Young Living's) removes moles. Apply undilluted 2-3 times daily. First they flatten, lighten, or shrivel, fall off and are never seen again! It burns your skin for ab. 15 min each time. Don't apply straight to normal skin, ie., with acne- this stuff is too strong! 'Learned this the hard way.

I have heard lavendar, frankincense, thieves, tea tree oil, and strong (fresh 3.5%) hydrogen peroxide also remove moles.

Closed Thread