It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2004, 12:05 AM   #1

beezman HB User
Peeling skin on heels athletes foot?

For 2 years now I've had dry skin peel off my heels in layers. The heel is dry with some ridges. Every 2 months or so, the whole heel peels a layer of dead skin. About 1 week later a whole 2nd layer of dead skin come off. Then a 3rd. By that time my heel is raw and hard to walk on.
Think this started as athletes foot. Have been using Lamisil to see if it is a fungus. Also cortisone for any excema. Tea tree oil 2 times a day. 4 weeks now and no change. I have a history of excema problems on my scalp, fingers, waist and arms and legs. I used to have fingers that cracked and peeled in the same manner. Any suggestions on what I may have on my heels? Anyone have any solutions from experience?

Well my heels are finally smooth. I found out by treating the heel for fungus with chlotrimozole, my heels are now perfect. Excema also probably was involved. I use hydrogen peroxide after I shower at the gym and then apply chlotrimozole as a preventative measure. Also use a stone daily to scrape dead skin off the heel. I also have changed gyms. The one I was at was extremely filthy.

Last edited by beezman; 04-25-2005 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Update info

Closed Thread