It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2004, 02:31 PM   #1

Kaitlyn_Rose HB User
Exclamation Warning: Garlic on Moles Burns Skin!

Hi All,

I'm new to this board and have been searching for home remedies to burn off some small, flat facial moles I have (I've got 6 of those suckers on my face).

Please be careful if you are applying fresh garlic juice/slice on a mole. It will burn the surrounding skin! (I did to a mole on my face and now the skin around it is burned and draws attention to the mole. I applied the garlic with a q-tip and put a bandaid, but after 3 days all I got was an ugly burn around the mole - and the mole is still there!) It will take now weeks for the skin to heal. Be very careful!

I am now trying a product called "Casoda" (castor oil & bicarbonate of soda salve) which I bought online to a mole on my chest. It has been 5 days of applying it with a q-tip and placing a bandaid, but I have no results to report yet.

Has anyone been successful in removing facial moles without disfiguration?

Thanks
Kaitlyn

Last edited by Kaitlyn_Rose; 09-29-2004 at 02:32 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2004, 04:48 PM   #2

crawford HB User
Re: Warning: Garlic on Moles Burns Skin!

kaitlin, there's anothe thread on here on moles, and I have been taking part in that, I have removed loads of moles with something called Wart Mole Vanish which has its own website but the seller also sells cheaper on a popular famous auction site.The good thing about this is is that it only takes one application (it does sting and you have to scrape the mole first) and it also only seems to eat away at the mole tissue and not the other skin.
I did one with the castor oil & baking soda but its more hassle cos you have to do it everyday for about 10-14 days.
Good Luck Kay

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2004, 04:50 PM   #3

crawford HB User

Also if you continue with the castor oil and baking soda, you will get better results if you rub it with an emery or sandpaper because then the stuff gets in quicker.
Kay

Old 11-27-2006, 09:26 AM   #4
(female)

SPORT46 HB User

Kaitlyn, I'm in a similar situation. Does the pink skin fade away eventually? How long does it take? THanks

Closed Thread