It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2004, 08:56 PM   #1
(male)

Boi776 HB User
Exclamation Annoying rashes in the corners of my mouth!! help me please

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this!

I am a guy who loves to eat fruit and on occasion spicy foods too. For about 6 months i have been constantly bothered by these red blotchy rashes in the corners of my mouth, I have used everything to get rid of them, and sometimes they go away for a bit, but soon after they come back just as worse. It is not the pain that is bothering me its more the uneasy feeling of having something on your face and have everyone look at it. I am thinking that it has to do with the acidity levels in my saliva from eating lots of oranges and apples, and from spicy foods. But at the same time even when i dont eat these foods the rash seems to come around again for another attack. Please, if someone could help me with this minor problem it would be very much appreciated! Again, i have used all the chapsticks and creams.

Sincerely,

Boi

Old 10-06-2004, 12:23 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

MrsLee HB User
Re: Annoying rashes in the corners of my mouth!! help me please

Well I think the best thing for you to do would be to see a dermatologist about the rashes.

I will share with you my experience with rashes. For a long time (6 months I think) my lips would get red and peel every day. The corners of my mouth would crack too. It was so painful, not to mention it looked horrible. I thought it was just dry skin. I went to the dermatologist for eczema elsewhere on my body. They did a skin allergy test on me, and discovered I was allergic to 6 different chemicals, one of which is fragrance. Others I am allergic to are cobalt and a chemical they put in toothpaste. Cobalt is used as a blue coloring. So my toothpaste was making my mouth break out. I now use plain colgate and seldom have a problem. I also have a steroid cream I use on my eczema, and if my mouth breaks out I put some on my lips (I have read you are not supposed to put steroid creams on your face though, but it works for me).

So my point is, perhaps it could be an allergy. Maybe something you are eating, or something you are exposed to. Discovering what I was allergic to has tremendously helped me. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread