It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2004, 07:05 AM   #1

minimuffin HB User
Question flaxseed oil for dermatitis/eczema

Has anyone tried taking flaxseed oil (or fish oils etc) for eczema?

I tried it a while back but stopped taking it because I wasn't convinced that it was working, however it has been about a month since I stopped and my skin has flared up for the first time in...well a pretty long time. However I also have a cold and have been under a lot of stress recently so it's difficult to say whether or not it has anything to do with the fact that I've discontinued the flaxseed treatment.

Also, do you think it would be worth trying evening primrose oil? I've heard that omega 6 fatty acids can be beneficial also.

Basically what I want to know is, if anyone has tried these things, did they work or are they a complete waste of money?

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by minimuffin; 10-14-2004 at 06:42 AM.

Old 10-13-2004, 05:57 AM   #2
(female)

avuntika HB User
Re: flaxseed oil for dermatitis/eczema

[QUOTE=minimuffin]Has anyone tried taking flaxseed oil (or fish oils etc) for eczema?

I tried it a while back but stopped taking it because I wasn't convinced that it was working, however it has been about a month since I stopped and my skin has flared up for the first time in...well a pretty long time. However I also have a cold and have been under a lot of stress recently so it's difficult to say whether or not it has anything to do with the fact that I've discontinued the flaxseed treatment.

Also, do you think it would be worth trying evening primrose oil? I've heard that omega 6 fatty acids can be beneficial also.

Basically what I want to know is, if anyone has tried these things, did they work or are they a complete waste of money?

Thanks for reading.[/QUOTE]
i have been taking evening primrose oil capsules for some time now, and stopped them about 2 weeks ago. since last week i find my eczema seems to be coming back. maybe it does help provided you are regular in taking them.

another thing is that stress makes eczema worse so u might want to try and relax.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread