It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2004, 02:50 AM   #1

Flower_03 HB User
Unhappy Pimple-like bumps that don't go away- are they keloids?

Hi, I have 2 pimple-like bumps on my jaw(they look just like pimples, are pinkish, 4 milimetres in size but are hard- not like pimples that have puss). But if someone looked at them, on face value they'd just think they are pimples. Trouble is they have been there for 2-3 years, and have stayed around the same size. But in teh last 6 months, I have gotten 2 more pimple-like bumps on the other side of my jaw(but they are smaller). I also have 1 on my chest (3mm in size). They aren't a big deal at the moment- just looks like I have pimples- but I'm REALLY getting worried cos I posted on the acne thread and someone suggested that they could possibly be keloids. I looked keloids up on the web, and what I have doesn't look like what I saw in the photos on the web. They said that they can form from pimples, and occur when the scar tissue is trying to form. They are fibrous/tissue growths and can get very big. The photos showed big/lump like, elongated growths.

Mine just look like pimples, but I'm afraid that its just the beginning and they'll get bigger. Or am i just panicking over nothing? I'd rather it if they were just cystic pimples... I'm scared, please advise me

Old 11-17-2004, 03:41 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

mudhound HB User
Re: Pimple-like bumps that don't go away- are they keloids?

i'm very unsure. However, you might seek out a school nurse to just look at them. he or she has seen loads of things like this.

Mudhound

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread