It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2004, 09:50 PM   #1

Astf HB User
Raised itchy red bump won't heal -- is this eczema?

A couple of months ago I developed a small itchy bump on my chin that oozed clear fluid when I scratched at it. I've had this happen many times before, but they usually go away in a day or two.

This time however, it formed a scab. The scab took a long time to fall off, and when it did the skin underneath remained raised and itchy.

Now it opens up again easily, turning red and raw and then forms another scab (or crust) then heals and repeats. Its a vicious cycle.

I already suffer from seborrhiec dermatitis but I have it well under control with Nizoral shampoo. I tried using it on the bump, but to no avail.

Any ideas on what it is? Could it be some kind of viral infection under the skin? Thank you for your ideas.

Old 12-20-2004, 01:47 AM   #2
(female)

drginnypig HB User
Re: Raised itchy red bump won't heal -- is this eczema?

Hi,
I'm in hives hell too

Up untill last year, I was healthy, happy & full of energy. I had a life!
A life that didnt revolve around constant suffering & continious dr. appts.
I have been a "Doctors ginnypig" for 12 months, this month!
I have seen six doctors,two ent's,and am seeing a dermatoligist.
I have spent thousands of dollars, missed alot of work & have had "NO RELIEF".
I have had numorus blood tests and have been on constant antibioctics of every type.
Last week the one of my doctors decitted to put me on hormone replacment therapy for my low thyroid, in hopes that ALL my symptoms will finally go away.
In a few days I'm having a Colonoscopy done by another dr.
The dermatologist has ordered a "Chest Xray". That one has me confused.
SYMPTOMS began as an outter ear infection. Then an inner ear infection. ear canal swelled shut, clear liquid drains from crease of outter ear. Extremly Itchy & painful.
FOLLOWED by raised hives that Itch at the base of my scalp.
FOLLOWED by red itchy raised welts on my face & neck.
FOLLOWED by red itchy blisters on my chest, then spread to my fingers, palms, elbows, outter pubic area to anus and lower buttox.
Sorry,This is gross!but Im constipated all the time & when i finally go, my poo is not it's usual size or color. It's pale & very skinny. Occational blood after bm.
I loose more hair everytime i shampoo or color. yet my hair is healthy.
Im shaky,I'm tired all of the time,have gained weight, have bad headaches, get dizzy easily & have trouble remembering even 'simple things'.
This has gone on for one year! My doctors have told me they "Don't know" whats wrong with me. I am hoping that they're latest guess (Low thyroid) is correct.
I have three children and a full time job and It's all i can do to get through the day
AND... The doctors ask me if one of my symptoms is "Depression". Dah!
IS ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE going through this?
I don't wanna be the doctor's ginny pig anymore.

Last edited by drginnypig; 12-20-2004 at 01:49 AM. Reason: adding to text

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-21-2004, 03:49 PM   #3

adzza HB User

Man......that sounds bad....well...that is bad.. I feel for you. Is there a problem with your Diet? This is the only thing i can thnik of. Some people have crazy levels of yeast in there systems and it actually starts growing which can cause serious problems in your system which may be whats happening. I knot this sounds old fashioned, but i would also bath in salt water everyday. Either at the beach, or in your bath. Salt water can pretty much help cure most things, or at least take the infection out.....

Old 12-22-2004, 06:17 AM   #4

Texmom HB User

Your problem may be psoriasis.

Old 12-27-2004, 07:50 AM   #5
(female)

drginnypig HB User

I hope everyone had a "Merry Christmas".
Thank you for your replys. I do read them daily in hopes of finding relief.
Yes, I've heard "Sea Salt" is an excellent source for Itchy skin.
Today I will buy some & keep you all posted.
Yes, Psoriasis IS a possibility. My dermatologist is reviewing my history, but has yet to offer any solution. I'll let you guys know what findings are.

Old 12-27-2004, 07:55 AM   #6
(female)

drginnypig HB User

BTW... I do think you have somthing there, about "Too much yeast" in ones system.
Having been on antibioctics for so long, killing both bad & good yeast in ones body, these systems do accure.
I have always disliked eating yogurt. BUT...I have been eating 2-3 bowls of it daily for a week now & I HAVE noticed a difference in my skin:-)
I'll continue to choke down the yogurt & kep you posted.

Old 12-27-2004, 10:17 PM   #7

SnappDragon HB User

Trust me when I say this but DR's know nothing. lol I'm so serious I have had skin problems and Eczema since I was a baby and it won't go away. Sure it has it's days where it will be clear and no itching but then there are the days where it will flare up in full force. I get those bumps on my faces and hands alot and they are not pimples just have clear water in them it looks like and they itch and hurt. They go away but I have had a patch on my face near my chin for months now they clear up but times they are so bad and red, I get allergy shots and take Allegra but nothing helps. I know of every kind of cream out there and nothing helps. Talk about a DR's Ginnypig. lol I am it seems like. I have all my DR's Stumped. I have learned and no matter how hard it is to control. DONT ITCH

Old 12-28-2004, 12:19 AM   #8
(female)

drginnypig HB User
Question Re: Raised itchy red bump won't heal -- is this eczema?

Geeze! just when I thought I was getting them under control...not
These Itchy red hives are driving me crazy!
They come & almost go, on an ongoing(one year now) two week cycle.
I have them on the base of my scalp, my face & neck, my outter pubic area, bottom & elbows The Itch is incredibly INTENCE!
I learned no matter how bad they Itch...DON'T SCRATCH

I feel like I have tryed everything....But, I know theres got to be somthing that actually works. These doc's have told me "They don't know" what i've got. Yet, they're happy to continue taking my money & using me as their dr ginny pig.

Any Ideas?

Last edited by drginnypig; 12-28-2004 at 12:26 AM. Reason: adding to text

Old 12-31-2004, 11:49 AM   #9
(female)

drginnypig HB User
Unhappy Re: Raised itchy red bump won't heal -- is this eczema?

DrGinnyPig here...Thank's all for your input
I do read these boards daily, hoping for some answers.

Here another new symptom Three days ago I noticed a new tiny (white)mole in the center of my chest. It's about 3-5" below my collar bone & in the center of my chest. Although the mole hasnt gotton any bigger, the rash that has circled it, goes bigger each day! The rash burns! just wearing my shirt rubs it raw. The rash is thick & leathery. Very red. Rash/Hives are raised. Extremly "Itchy".
My dermatologist ordered a chest X ray. She said there is a "Mass" located 3-5" below my collar bone. BUT...Doesnt know if this is just my collar bone & rib bones OR "Somthing else"

Anyone have any Ideas?
Thank's!

Old 01-03-2005, 06:43 AM   #10
(male)

ivanchin99 HB User

Astf how 's ur problem?
i hav the exact same problem on my fingers...
i tried hydrocolt cream on them and the flaky skin peels off (yay)
but the itch is coming back =/

Old 01-16-2005, 03:13 PM   #11
(female)

drginnypig HB User

Yep... I was diagnosed with a rare form of "Psoriasis".

I still believe this (Psoriasis) like my others problems, are mearly "Symptoms" of somthing else. The root of the problem has not been found. I have this gut feeling that the mystery will be solved through Blood work.
I'm now seriously looking into "AutoImmune disorders".

I was the picture of perfect health just one year ago. With a simple cold, followed by too many antibioctics..."My body began to fall apart".

Recently I've been diagnosed with: (1) Hypothyroid (2) Perimenopause (3) Psoriasis.

I'll keep you all posted

Closed Thread