It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2005, 09:48 PM   #1
(female)

bianca321 HB User
boil? cyst? PAIN!! HELP!

I have a large, red, hard, very painful bump on my buttocks. It seems to be getting worse and worse. At first I thought it was a pimple, but it's hard and seems to be somewhat under my skin and it doesn't look like it could be popped. What is it? What do I do about it?

Old 01-02-2005, 09:34 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kitkat77 HB User
Re: boil? cyst? PAIN!! HELP!

I get these occassionally (currently have 2 -- one on each cheek) and am not sure what they are. I only know they hurt and if I touch them when they first come out, I get goosebumps! I think they're blind pimples or "dumboils" as my friend calls them. They are so deep under the skin they cannot be popped and even sticking a pin in them doesn't help. I have put heat on them, toothpaste, antibiotic cream, you name it. Nothing has helped and they eventually go down on their own but it takes a loooooong time. One time I had such an annoying one that lasted for months, I got fed up and cut it open with nail clippers. Way down deep there was a hard white little egg shaped thingy stuck to the skin. After I took that out the bump went away in 2 days!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2005, 07:48 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

zekat HB User

They are quiet possibly sebacious cysts. I get them under my arms and my inner thighs. They typically stay around for a LONG time. I wouldn't try sticking a pin in them... that usually causes scarring.

Old 01-13-2005, 11:19 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

sonic HB User

I have one on my inner thiegh..the pharmacist said to go to the Dr. there is nothing I can do for it.He made me believe it was VERY serious...(Jerk)

There USE to be a product called Mecca"...they stopped making it, it would bring the boil to a head so you could "pop" it~~ This is the First boil ive ever had. it hurts, feels like a pea under my skin~~

Old 01-16-2005, 08:27 AM   #5
(male)

beauford HB User

It sounds like you guys have a carbuncle which is a below the surface infection. There is a drawing salve called PRID that you can order from your local pharmacist; it is not a prescription item. It will over a two to three day period draw out the core of the infection. PRID can also draw our splinters and other subcutaneous stuff. PRID is a brand name; there are other drawing salves out there. $4-4.50 per container.

Old 01-16-2005, 07:48 PM   #6
(female)

qteepie2005 HB User

THIS IS CRAZY BECAUSE I HAD THE EXACT SAME THING HAPPEN TO ME ABOUT AROUND CHRISTMAS TIME.VERY VERY VERY PAINFUL THING .I HAD TO GO TO THE DOCTOR BECAUSE DUE TO THE TYPE OF CYST IT WAS I HAD TO GET MINE DRAINED AND TAKE ANTI BIOTICS.BUT AFTERWARDS YOU FEEL SO MUCH BETTER AND WHEN THAT BAD SUCKER IS DRAINED COMPLETELY EVERYTHIONG IS GREAT.NOW YOU WILL HAVE A PATCH ON YOUR BUTT RANCHING FROM SMALL TO FORREST GUMP WHEN HE GOT SHOT IN THE BUTT.STAY AWAY FROM TIGHT PANTS TILL THEN.HOPE I HELPED

Old 01-17-2005, 12:11 AM   #7
(female)

vuitton HB User

A dermo can give an injection of cortizone into the boil, for quicker relief.

Old 01-18-2005, 08:37 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

besafe20 HB User

yup I have had this before and they are boils. My problems started when my dad brought home a resistant strain of staph from the hospital and infected the family. I had to take antibiotics cause they don't really go away on their own unless they are small.

Closed Thread