It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2005, 09:33 AM   #1
(male)

Badger2005 HB User
Red dry itchy spots on face

Hi,

I have spent hours trying to find out some info on the net but have had no luck so far so I was wondering if anyone out there has had similar or can help.

About 4 months ago I started to suffer dry red skin on my face, mostly cheeks and forehead. With the dry skin is a rash, little 1mm in diameter Red spots that are not raised much above the surface but are very dry and peel. These red spots are not closely packed together.

Although not very itchy these spots are tingly when aggrivated ie by washing etc.

My doctor has just given me some moisteriser. I have been suffering quite a lot of emotional stress recently and these spots are making things worse!

Any info greatly appreciated!

many thanks

Badger

Old 01-21-2005, 11:41 AM   #2
(male)

Haulin200 HB User
Re: Red dry itchy spots on face

Sounds very simmilar to Eczema

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2005, 07:10 AM   #3
(female)

veree HB User

I too have been trying to find info on a problem similar to yours.I have 3 spots on the side of my face ad one on my chin. I havebeen thinkng of calling the doctor today. If I do I'll tell you what mine is. I just got over fighting an infected earlobe, got rash between my fingers which is healing with antifungal cream and now I have this.

Last edited by veree; 01-25-2005 at 07:11 AM. Reason: spelling

Old 01-25-2005, 02:03 PM   #4
(female)

veree HB User

Badger, I went to the doctor today and she said I should use Hydrocortisone cream and gave me a prescription for pills for itch. She thought it looked like eczema but I felt she really didn't know for sure what it was. If this doesn't take care of it I will be going back.

Old 02-05-2005, 10:35 AM   #5
(male)

Badger2005 HB User

Hi,

I also went to the doctor and got the same diagnosis! I was given a perscription for the cream and also some antibiotic cream in case it didn't go away.

It hasn't so i will start the antibiotic and let you know the results.

Old 02-08-2005, 03:15 PM   #6
(female)

midge0429 HB User

I'm so glad i found you guys. For 9 days i've had a horrible rash all over my face....forhead, chin, cheeks, and around my mouth. I went to the dr. 8 days ago and I was given an anti-biotic, alegra, and an anti-biotic ointment. No relief as of yet. The rash is actually spreading and getting increasingly more itchy. I have another appt. in 3 days. I have had excema for about 4 years now but it was always small patches on my arms and never caused a problem. My face has never had a problem. I have just graduated from college and started seeking a job. I had to go to two interviews this week with red bumpy skin. I can't cover it with make up. I don't know what the cause is or why the cream wont get rid of it. I'm very frustrated. What am I going to do if it never goes away? I'm sorry for your skin problems but it does make me feel better to realize i'm not alone. I was having so serious self pitty.

Closed Thread