It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2005, 12:24 PM   #1
(male)

bike5 HB User
Small white bump/spots on shoulders/chest/upper back (not acne)

I have these small white spots on my shoulders , upper back and chest. I can not figure out what they are, I have spent hours and hours looking through posts and photos but cannot find anything like these.

They are all roundish shaped and go from 1/4 millimeter to 1+1/2 millimeters (at largest) across. They are not flat yet they are not bumps. The skin over these spots has a different texture almost looking like scar tissure type texture. They areraised just above the normal skin just enough so you can feel they are not on the same level. There is no pus or anything under them, I have cut one off before or tryed to peel one off and it just bleeds right underneather like regular skin. They are like randomly placed all over, there is no groupings of them, they are all spread out about the same. In an inch X inch area there are around 15 of these little spots. My hairs grow right threw them just as normal skin too. They also do not hurt/ich or anything abnormal. They don't change size or colors ever.

If anyone has any idea on what these might be please let me know. I have had them for probably 3-4 years (I am 21 now). I don't have pictures but I will try and get some if I can find someone with a digital camera. If you need any more info please let me know.

Last edited by bike5; 02-14-2005 at 12:25 PM.

Old 02-21-2005, 03:47 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

juicy*lucy HB User
Re: Small white bump/spots on shoulders/chest/upper back (not acne)

Hi

I have something similar to this...again, I've had them for years and don't know what they are or how to get rid of them! Mine are red, but similar in description to yours otherwise: not spots, only slightly raised from the skin, and the tend to flare up when I am hot. Have you seen a dermo about this perhaps? I can't offer any suggestions I'm afraid, just thought I'd let you know you're not on your own!
JL

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-06-2005, 01:49 PM   #3

TomoTheCat HB User

I have small white bumps on my chest, also. Alas, I suspect you are correct in your description of them as scar tissue. I think its sun damage.

I was reckless in the sun when i was younger. Fortunately, I saw the future in a relative who had big white spots on her forearms. Now I am a vampire, hiding from the sun.

Sorry! I wish I could tell you it will go away, but if you're not careful, you could get lizard skin.

Old 04-26-2005, 04:58 PM   #4
(male)

Location: A little town called Silent Hill (lol, maybe not THAT bad yet)
privatescreen33 HB User

Follicular macular atrophy. I believe that is what you have. I have the exact same thing as you do and i suspect that you had back acne? I have tiny soft slightly raised bumps all over my upper arms, shoulders, and shoulder blades. its very annoying and i never take my shirt off in public because of it. I have extensive scarring all over my back so basically i look like a monster. I hate this because I feel like damaged goods. I stay single because of it because im too afraid to show anyone what it is i hide underneath my shirt. I just hope that there is treatment for this problem (among the others as well) because I cant imagine living the rest of my life (and im only 21) with bumpy scarred up skin. Remember, the name of this condition is [U]Follicular macular atrophy[/U]. This way maybe you can find more info on what it is you are looking at. Good luck and let me know if you find any treatment for this.

Old 05-20-2005, 01:43 PM   #5
(male)

bike5 HB User

Thank you privatescreen33 I fianally have a name to to go by and after doing some reading I think that is what I have. It doesn't look like there is much we can do other then wait it out although it says they last from a few months to a year or so I have had mine for 3 years+ and its getting worse not better so I am really worried... Hopefully it gets better some time cause I am going throu the same thing you are and I am 21 too :\

Old 05-20-2005, 01:49 PM   #6
(male)

BenInCalifornia HB User

i have had these 2 white bumps on my shoulder for years just like you described. But only two and they never seem to change form. I think I got the same thing

Old 05-20-2005, 04:59 PM   #7
(male)

bike5 HB User

woa only 2, I have probably 200 all together...

Closed Thread