It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2005, 07:54 AM   #1
(female)

somersault HB User
Looking for success stories of jojoba oil healing dry skin and acne

Has anyone had success curing their dry skin and/or acne using jojoba oil?

I have severe damage done to my face due to using skin products such as face washes and moisturizers for 10 years not realizing I was allergic to them and that was why my face kept drying out and giving me acne at the same time. I have extreme dry facial skin with huge pores clogged with dry hardened dead skin, blackheads all over, and some acne due to dryness. My acne is not from oiliness. It is dry acne caused directly from dehydration of my skin, which was caused directly from using all skin products even natural kinds. Last summer I stopped washing my face and haven't used any skin products. It has helped a lot. But I am trying to heal a decade's worth of damage. Shea butter did not help at all. I was on it for 7 months. I switched to using solely jojoba oil. I rinse my face with cool water twice a day and apply a few drops of jojoba oil twice a day. I have been on the jojoba oil for almost 5 weeks now. My skin has smoothed out, some blackheads have risen to the surface, but there is still a whole lot of flaking going on and the acne and scars are still there. Has anyone been successful with jojoba oil? If so, how long do you think it will take to heal my skin completely since I'm such a severe case? Weeks, months, or years? Please help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2005, 10:48 PM   #2
(male)

Location: A little town called Silent Hill (lol, maybe not THAT bad yet)
privatescreen33 HB User
Re: Looking for success stories of jojoba oil healing dry skin and acne

I just started using jojoba oil about a week ago for the exact same problem. For me its not as much that cleansers dry me out, its more the tap water that seems to kill me. Everytime i rinse my face with tap water my skin feels like it shrinks 3 sizes too small. I also have some mild acne and some acne scars as well (nothing dermabrasion cant handle). I will let you know my progress if you would like that and if its not too much trouble, id also like to hear about your progress as well. we are in the same boat on this one and i know how frustrating it is. Best luck to both of us eh? ttyl.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2005, 07:57 AM   #3
(female)

somersault HB User

PrivateScreen,

Thank God I found someone else with the same problem! You're the first one I've ever heard of with a similar sensitivity like me. I know what you mean about water too. I'm extremely sensitive to water too. I can't use warm water at all on my face. Even cool water makes my face feel very tight. Warm water just sucks me dry. My whole body reacts to warm water. I can't take showers because I can't stand the thought of cold water hitting me. Instead I take baths, and I get them lukewarm. But believe it or not, the steam that rises from the bath (and I'm talking a lukewarm bath) just kills my face as well. My face isn't even wet, but it reacts to a little bit of steam!! How many people's skin is allergic to steam? It's unheard of. Do you have this problem too?
I'm so glad you're trying out jojoba oil too. We'll definitely have to keep in touch to find out each others progress. After reading archives on this message board I found out that it's good to add the same amount of drops of Vitamin E oil to the drops of jojoba oil if you have extremely dry skin. Supposedly this helps with acne scarring as well. I'm going to buy some Vitamin E oil this weekend and give it a try. I just hope it doesn't break me out or clog up my pores worse. Good luck with jojoba oil and your quest for healthy skin! Keep in touch.

Old 03-02-2005, 10:13 AM   #4
(female)

iridescentsea HB User

I have adult acne on and off in the last 15 years. it started flaring up again three months ago. I have tried different moisturizers, topical antibiotics, etc; spent $$$ on them! Finally six weeks ago, I ditched all commercial moisturizers, and Cetaphil and started using jojoba oil (Desert Essence brand)on my face at night after I wash with Purpose bar. I wash my face once a day only otherwise my face starts getting very dry and just looks plain irritated. Anyhow, so far so good. My acne is calming down, jojoba oil is making my skin looks younger and radiant. Somedays, I feel I need more moisturizing and I also plan on getting some Vitamin E oil and making my own 10% Vitamin E oil 90% jojoba oil facial mositurizer. I hope that Vitamin E oil will not break me out. I think it is worth a try since so many people on these boards got satisfactory outcome.

Editing to say, the other day after I came back from swimming I put jojoba oil on my body all over and then used my regular moisturizer. My skin has never felt so soft.

Last edited by iridescentsea; 03-02-2005 at 10:14 AM.

Old 03-02-2005, 12:16 PM   #5
(female)

somersault HB User

Thanks iridescentsea!

You confirmed for me that Vitamin E oil added to jojoba oil is worth a shot.
I too have been using jojoba oil on my whole body which suffers from dry skin, and I can say since I've been using it my skin is a lot softer and smoother. I hope jojoba oil turns out to be the cure for me.

Closed Thread