It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2005, 06:46 AM   #1
(male)

ryu1977 HB User
winter eczema????

Dear all

I had posted similar message in the other board about cancer but I would like to post here also in order to get more explanation about eczema.

Perhaps I seem like a paranoid but since I am living far from my family in foreign country now I always worry about my health. I am 28 years old male. I came from tropical country, which does not have winter, and now stay in colder country for studying, this is the first winter in my life.

Since late November 2004 until now I have a dermatitis/eczema (quite itching)at my skin. Starting from my both thighs. Basically it was not so severe but somehow I made mistake for using a balm with metyl salicylate into my entire skin and after that the eczema started to spread to my entire body. I had met dermatologist late December and he gave me topical steroid cream (mometazone). After that basically the eczema could be controlled however it is not 100% cured from my skin, especially at my thighs and arms. I use the cream rarely (once every 4 days) and the itching is not so severe. Only sometimes it flares up and become red. My dermatologist also gives me vaseline for repair my skin dryness.

The dermatologist said that my skin is very sensitive to the dry weather and he said it has good progress and not a malignant symptoms. He also said to wait for the spring until I totally get cured.

However I still worry because I never have this kind of eczema during my life and I also read several websites about the relation between eczema/itching and lymphoma/leukemia. Fortunately, thanks to God, I don't have any other symptoms of malignancy such as swollen gland,night sweating,etc.

Please if anybody could give me brief explanation about the relation between dermatitis/eczema during winter and eczema in adult age like me, I will be very happy and really appreciate that.

Thank you for all and please apologize me if I seem too worry about this. I wish everybody will have good health. God bless you all.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2005, 03:18 AM   #2
(male)

Zenfish HB User
Re: winter eczema????

Celiac Disease. Check it out.

Old 03-08-2005, 05:28 AM   #3
(male)

ryu1977 HB User
Re: winter eczema????

Thank you Zenfish, I had replied your suggestion in the board about allergy. Once more thank you very much for sharing your experience.

Closed Thread