It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2005, 12:38 PM   #1
(female)

BigMomma24 HB User
Cellulitis from an infected bug bite... ewww

Hey there... I am hoping to find someone who can relate to this recent problem I am having involving my skin. I recently developed a staph infection after having a c-section with my baby (not sure if it's related, but thought i'd provide that info.) It started out like little bites or pimples, then more popped up and they started to become red, tender, and swollen. I got treated for those and they started going away, but a few weeks later I got bit by some kind of bug (probably a mosquito, the doctor said) and it started out the same, although this time it was on my leg. I thought it would go away, but the swelling grew and grew and it became hot and very painful and finally I went to the doctor. She JUMPED when she saw this huge thing on my leg, which had grown to the circumference of a grapefruit or a softball . She immediately said "cellulitis" and put me on antibiotics and pain meds. I wanted to know more about cellulitis, how long it takes to go away, and why my body keeps reacting this way. seems as though these sores are recurrent and they don't really go away... they keep coming back. What makes it keep coming back? Anyone experiencing this?

Closed Thread