It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2005, 10:47 AM   #1
(female)

fifistoosh HB User
white pimples on cheeks

My daughter has about 50ish hard white spots on each cheek, they are not sore or itchy.
they did begin to disapear but have came back again. Had her to the docs a couple of years ago and she said they would clear up, they haven't so far.

Can anyone out there help pleaseeeeeeeeee, what are these spots? how can we get rid of them.

My daughter is 10, has had cataract surgery on both eyes.
She also has about 6 adult teeth missing and is waiting for a brace to be fitted. She has had fillings and teeth removed to pepare for the brace, she may need some false teeth too, poor thing.

The last thing she needs right now is for these spots to stay, her image isn't too good with the teeth and glasses.

Old 04-04-2005, 11:36 PM   #2
(female)

fifistoosh HB User
Re: white pimples on cheeks

has no one out there got any ideas pleeeeeease.

any small comment may save her another trip to the docs.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2005, 11:26 PM   #3
(female)

fifistoosh HB User

ok, I am getting a complex now, talking to myself!

Hello- anyone?

got any facial cleaning tips, natural healing methods, food to cut out, pleeeease - anything!

Old 04-06-2005, 03:37 PM   #4

jenna1 HB User

Hi, I have a nine year old daughter who gets the occasionally white hard bump on her cheeks - when I was a kid my mom called them sweat bumps - so I'm teaching her to use a gentle clenser on her face before she goes to bed which seems to help. I purchased cetaphil gentle cleanser which has worked wonders for her. I think it's just a build up of oil, but if you're really concerned, I would recommend you taking her to a dermatologist just to get their opinion.

Old 04-06-2005, 04:53 PM   #5
(female)

annarae HB User

Hi,
My daughter has them too. They are called Keratosis Pilaris. It is a genitic problem with the hair follicles not develping. I have been to two dermatologists in hope to find the cure. She is almost thirteen and has them everywhere. Kids make fun of her and tell her that they are pimples. She explains to them that it is a birth defect. Kids are insensitive. One doctor said that they will go away when she is around 18 years old. I keep hoping for a cure. But nothing has worked yet. I have another dermoatologist appointment in two weeks. maybe he will have a suggestion.

Last edited by annarae; 04-06-2005 at 04:54 PM.

Old 04-07-2005, 12:06 AM   #6
(female)

fifistoosh HB User

Thanks for your replies,
Kids can be insensitive can't they, I am worried for her when she gets to secondary school they will be even crueler. I think hers may be genetic too as her other ailments are all on her head too, she asked if she could have a head transplant like the witch on Return to OZ. Oh if only it were possible, I keep telling her she is beautiful, and its not just cause im her mum. But she has a ight downer on her looks at the moment. Hopefully when we get her teeth sorted and she is old enough for contacts she will feel better.
Lets hope the doc who said her pimples will go by 18 is right,
hanks again guys!

Closed Thread