It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2005, 06:50 AM   #1
Veteran
(male)

adam2000 HB User
What does this sound like? Skin On Hands - Strange

Hi All,

The skin on my hands doesnt look right to me. sometimes it looks like i have millions of little white bumps UNDER my skin when i stretch out my palm. I have peeling skin sometimes, and my skin looks wrinkled when i relax my hands, its not nice and smooth. Im 28.

Is this some kind of skin problem that anyone's heard of? Its strange. RIght now my skin is peeking in different places on my hands, this seems to come and go...but the wrinkled look is always there...

Thanks,
Adam

Last edited by adam2000; 04-05-2005 at 06:50 AM.

Old 07-31-2005, 04:20 AM   #2
(female)

okay2005 HB User
Re: What does this sound like? Skin On Hands - Strange

Hi there. I found your post by [B]{removed}[/B] I have EXACTLY what you describe. It is on my palms as well as on the sides of some (but not all) of my fingers, and some fingers have more bumps than others. You cannot see them unless you look really closely and in some cases hold them up at the correct angle to the light!

The reason I have done such a close inspection of my hands is because I have some very stubborn warts on my hands that have spread because I am a nervous thumb cuticle picker. It sounds very disgusting, I know, but in reality I am a normal, not unattractive person, with a good job, honest Actually, until I read your post, I thought I have developed a case of tiny warts spreading all over my hands and in horror I ran to the Internet to try to find out if this was the case or if in fact I have some other horrid skin condition.

Have you found out any information regarding this? I am a North American living in Japan so do not have convenient access to good doctors that I can understand easily so I haven't had this checked out. I did go to one dermatologist about my warts (before I noticed the tiny bumps) and he quoted me at least $600 to remove them so I got out of there fast and have tried to be more diligent with the wart remover.

Hope to hear from you.

Last edited by Modinatrix21; 07-31-2005 at 07:01 AM. Reason: Read posting rules. No websites or how to for searches.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2005, 08:49 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

adam2000 HB User

Okay -

Well here's what I finally think the problem was, In my case i think it was a breakout or something due to anxiety. For a couple months i was suffering from anxiety until my medications were adjusted. Once the anxiety was more under control the bump seem to be gone now...think it was stress....

Adam

"An obstacle is just a stepping stone"

Old 08-09-2005, 11:07 AM   #4
(female)

clairelojo HB User

I have just had exactly the same problem . . . I've not been to see my doctor yet as with it not being painful / itchy, I didn't want to waste their time. My bumps are in a small cluster on the palm of my right hand and just a few on the sides of a couple of fingers. (my left hand as yet is untouched). Sometimes when I clench my hands the skin feels tight but nothing else, and they seem to come and go.

If you ever find more information out, post it as I would be interested!

Old 08-09-2005, 12:20 PM   #5
Veteran
(male)

adam2000 HB User

I havent had it come back for over amonth now, ever since i started on zoloft and xanax. i think it was stress...

"An obstacle is just a stepping stone"

Closed Thread