It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2005, 06:21 PM   #1
(female)

strawbabble HB User
it's that time of year again-SUNBURN season

hello, i'm am an avid receiver of sunburn, i have red hair and really fair skin, in fact i do not tan. i was wondering if anyone had good ideas of treating a sunburn? Most of the times I try preventing them, sunblock, long sleeved shirts, pants, but there's only so much I can do in 70 + weather! I also usually put aloe vera on my sunburn, but we have none at the time, is there anything else i can put on it because even though i have gotten used to sunburn, it doesn't lessen the pain each time. any help would be wonderful! thanks!

Old 04-11-2005, 07:10 AM   #2
(female)

browneyedgrl HB User
Re: it's that time of year again-SUNBURN season

[QUOTE=strawbabble]hello, i'm am an avid receiver of sunburn, i have red hair and really fair skin, in fact i do not tan. i was wondering if anyone had good ideas of treating a sunburn? Most of the times I try preventing them, sunblock, long sleeved shirts, pants, but there's only so much I can do in 70 + weather! I also usually put aloe vera on my sunburn, but we have none at the time, is there anything else i can put on it because even though i have gotten used to sunburn, it doesn't lessen the pain each time. any help would be wonderful! thanks![/QUOTE]

I think anything that moisturizes should be good for your skin. What SPF do you wear? I hope you wear at least 45 and a good hat, or the sunburns are going to probably cause you to get sunspots that you wouldn't get normally. I'm 25 and pretty fair, and I already wish I would have watched my skin in the sun because I have sun damage now on my face.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2005, 12:09 PM   #3
(female)

strawbabble HB User
Re: it's that time of year again-SUNBURN season

well the reason why I got this bad sunburn was because I didn't have any sunscreen on, I know stupid, but again lesson learned. I usually wear SPF 60 and that usually does it. What I have right now is blisters on my shoulders which hurt really bad and sunburn on my neck.

Closed Thread