It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2005, 07:00 PM   #1
(female)

hellokittyg1rl HB User
Itchy red rash under armpits

Hello, everyone. The day before yesterday my right armpit was a bit itchy, but I didn't pay too much attention to it. Yesterday night I realized that both my armpits were red. Only the right side itches, but both sides are red. It is very light in color right in the middle of each armpit, but the surrounding areas are red. I have been spraying Cortizone on them, and I am worried about what it is. My mother suspected it may be my deodorant, so I've stopped using it for today and will continue to do so to see if it improves... just for basic knowledge, I am a 17 year old female and had some problems in which medication was needed; as a side effect, I experienced a bit of a growth stump and am 'a late bloomer', could this rash have anything at all to do with puberty or perspiring too much under my arms?

Old 06-29-2005, 05:58 AM   #2
(male)

gambrels HB User
Re: Itchy red rash under armpits

I'd first assume it was your deodorant - I've had similar problems myself. Unless the redness or itch is particularly persistent and intense, I'd assume its just the deodorant. Try switching to a "natural deodorant" or simply apply less deodorant each morning.

If that doesn't help or things get worse, go to the doctor!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2005, 06:10 AM   #3
(female)

pugmom HB User

I would also go with the deodorant as an important factor. Could it also be a bad case of razor burn? I don't know, I am just throwing it out there as a possibility!

Old 03-24-2008, 05:36 PM   #4
(female)

nananora HB User

I also have the same problem it is worse in my left arm, sometimes it is just in the crease but when it flares up it almost looks like a burn, until you look at it up close.
I have triel natural deodorants Dr Brommers soap no deodorant just powder and nothing seems to help. I did show my dermatoligist and he gave me samples of cultivate lotion to help with the itch but that is not the problem. I want to know what it is and what causes it also. I thought it was fungal he didn't think it was that. So anyone who can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Closed Thread