It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2005, 05:00 AM   #1

cassle HB User
red mark under breast?

I've had a red mark under my one breast for months now. It's like the skin rubs against itself, it gets hot/sweaty there, and the mark just won't go away.
At first I thought it was because of the bras rubbing there so I stopped wearing them most of the time. I've taken regular showers, even thought it might be yeast? So I tried some clotrominozol and another anti-fungal cream..still no luck.

Does anyone know what exactly this is? Are there special types of bras to wear that helps the skin dry out?Can someone describe it or point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Old 06-26-2005, 09:41 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kitkat77 HB User
Re: red mark under breast?

Hi. This sounds like it could be a seborrheic rash. The only thing that would help is a cortisone based cream such as betamethasone, or else you can use just plain hydrocortisone OTC.

Once the area is clear you can use deodorant under your breast and this should help prevent reoccurance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2005, 10:03 AM   #3

cassle HB User

hydrocortisone cream..ok i'll look into this, thanks for the tip. Is there any type of deodarent that I should look for too, or will any work?

Old 06-26-2005, 04:32 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

ScruffyGuy HB User

This DOES, in fact, sound like a fungal rash.

Using over the counter antifungals may not work -- you may need a more potent prescription antifungal.

Also, you must use the medication CONSISTENTLY -- usually twice a day, a thin coating. It can take a month or two to work, too.

My aunt had this same problem with very similar symptoms. Her doc took care of it for her with a strong Rx antifungal. However, several months later, the rash came back again. Fungus can be tough to treat sometimes, especially in an area that stays dark and damp. Keeping yourself DRY is very important, too.

You can try remedies at home for a long time and see what happens -- or just go to the doc and get a DEFINITIVE diagnosis so you can get treatment NOW and put an end to your discomfort.

Good luck.

Old 06-26-2005, 05:33 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

kitkat77 HB User

This is not exactly a "rash" per se - it's more of a mark (although yes, fungal infections are common in this area). They call it a seborrheic "rash" only because it responds well to corticosteroids. It actually looks more like a shiny burn or scrape, with or without red dots surrounding it.

Old 06-28-2005, 11:12 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Denise98 HB User

have you ever tried putting gold bond powder under there to see if it helps with the irritation.. or the antifungal spray they sale those work good..

Old 06-29-2005, 09:44 AM   #7

cassle HB User

Thankyou for recommending that Hydrocortisone cream I bought it on sunday..and have used it 3 times/day since then, and it's only 3 days later and it is already half as bad as it used to be, so it's working The redness is almost all gone!

oh, and just to note..this rash never hurt me or anything, in fact it did itch a few times, but even that was quite rare. The skin did peal off a lot though.

Last edited by Fflewddar; 06-29-2005 at 09:46 AM.

Closed Thread