It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2005, 07:23 PM   #1
(female)

RiotGirl00 HB User
Unhappy Ugly Skin

I don't really know how to describe my problem, but anyway...

Recently I've become really self-conscious about everything. I don't know why, but it seems that every time I look in the mirror I see something new on my skin..terrible imperfections.
I just feel really gross these days.
I've never really had amazing skin, but it's never been this horrible either.
Not just on my face or anything, but my entire body seems to be extremely sensitive
I feel so uncomfortable in my own skin because it's so ugly.
It just doesn't look right to me.

I used to have dry skin, but recently it's become more normal. I've stopped using lotions because it seems like the more I used them the more I need them. Now that I've almost completely stopped using lotions my skin isn't as dry anymore.
But it's really pale, and I hate that. I wouldn't have a problem with having pale skin if every tiny little thing didn't show. Just last week I went out into the woods and came back with like 30 mosquito bites all over that still haven't gone away.
Everything is so obvious. I'd go tanning in the sun, but I'm not allowed to since I burned severely a few years ago, so I don't really want to get cancer.

I don't know if I just have thin skin or something.. is that possible? Like when I shave my legs there are all these gray spots from where the hair grows. And of course because I'm pale that shows sooo much.
I just really hate my skin all over and no matter what do it doesn't seem to improve.
It's still pale, thin, sensitive, and just plain ugly.
I've tried taking vitamins and eating fruit and whatnot in hopes of having better skin... but nothing helps.

I don't know what to do. I've really begun to hate myself and have become obessed over every little thing that's wrong since I seem to find new imperfections everyday.
People tell me it's "genetic" but it's not. My father and sister both have darker more like mine, but her skin is still not as sensitive or 'thin'.

Does anyone have any suggestions to what I should do?
Any vitamins or products out there? Or should I just go see a doctor?
If I did I wouldn't know what to say since I don't have any specific issues... I just hate my skin overall.

Last edited by RiotGirl00; 07-16-2005 at 07:27 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2005, 05:02 PM   #2
(female)

Lovable~shell HB User
Re: Ugly Skin

I have pretty bad pale skin too so i kinda understand your problem I think you should go see a dermatoligist, and for your pale skin if you have a few extra bucks you could get a spray on tan every once and awhile too(it's safe)luck

Old 08-20-2005, 04:59 PM   #3
(female)

morrowka HB User
Re: Ugly Skin

I also have really ugly skin. I have recently begun to notice it more. Not sure why. I have really thin skin. I can veins on my legs, arms, chest. Believe me, it sucks. I can't wear anything I want to, unless I have a tan. Recently, I was told to stop tanning, b/c it can actually make your skin thinner. But, now that I am really pale, well, it looks thinner all by itself. So, yeah, I am really unhappy about it but I am still looking for products to help. I don't work out to hide myself behind jeans...So, I just wanted to let you ladies know that I know how it feels. I got blessed with ugly skin too, now I am on a mission to fix it. I have a doc appt Monday. I am kind of scared, b/c I think something might be seriously wrong. Thin skin can be nothing or it can be an indication of a serious problem. I am just praying that mine is the result of a nutrition deficiency or a curable illness. By the way, the spray on tans work great. FantasyTan is the best.

Kay

Closed Thread