It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2005, 12:51 PM   #1
(female)

MichSM2 HB User
Bumps All Over My Body

I was rubbing my back until I felt and saw small dark pimples on me. It's slightly raised and it felt kinda rough. It itches too! It's about the size of a clothes button. I also noticed I have one on my hip, my back, my right shoulder, my right hip and on the inside of my left thigh. They look harmless, but they have not disappeared over the pass four days. What is this, and what can I do to remove it? They itch!!!

Last edited by MichSM2; 09-06-2005 at 09:55 PM.

Old 09-08-2005, 08:45 AM   #2
(female)

Pamela20 HB User
Re: Raised Skin on my Body

You may have ring worm. Did you get it checked out at the Dr.?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2005, 10:11 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

NancyH HB User

Sounds like what I"ve had for years. It's not ring worm. Mine are raised warty like and are in groups of several it seems. The tops are a little rough and you can scrape it some. I've had Drs say everything from seborhea(sp) to dermatitis but nothing gets rid of them, they just keep multiplying over the years. If you stand in fromt of me you really wouldn't notice them as they are fleshy colored, but when I look down at my body or feel it, well it is very rough skin and itchy at times. I don't know if that is what you have but if you find an answer I'd be surprised.

Old 09-09-2005, 08:21 PM   #4
(female)

MichSM2 HB User

Well, I only have a few in isolated parts of my body (in other words, you cannot see them when I wear clothes). When I felt them, they feel smooth now but they are slightly raised and darker than my normal skin tone. I have been putting Cortaid on them since I don't have Benadryl or Neosporin and the like in my medicine cabinet.

Old 09-10-2005, 06:23 PM   #5
(female)

MichSM2 HB User

OK, I think I figured out what these bumps are. I think they are "welts."

Why do I have these? I have counted them again: 2 on my right hip, 2 on my left upper thigh, 2 on my lower back, 2 behind my neck, and 1 just on my left armpit.

I have checked the beds, my room and everything but I do not see any bugs. Why am I getting these bites or raised bumps?

Last edited by MichSM2; 09-10-2005 at 06:33 PM.

Old 09-10-2005, 09:00 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

NancyH HB User

If they are welts as you think, then you are having a reaction to something, bug bite, new medication, a food, and stress, yes stress can do that to. Have you thought of any possible triggers? AND some bugs are microscopic like mites for instance. One thing you can try is aroma oils or sprays. Mites hate smells, it suffocates them and I always sprinkle (peppermint, any minty oils actually work the best) it all over the bottom sheet every morning after I get up and I don't make the bed, mites like moisture so they dry up when exposed to air, I just pull the sheets down toward the end of the bed everyday. IT's worth a try and even if you don't have mites(but we all have a certain amount of them anyway)it is a good therapy all the same, oh and wash the sheets at least once a week to keep the mite population down.

Old 09-12-2005, 06:18 PM   #7
(female)

MichSM2 HB User

The dermatologist diagnosed the rash as pityriasis rosea. Does mometasone cream help reduce the bumps? My doctor recommended eluciderin (sp?) but they have discontinued making that cream years ago....

Closed Thread