It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2005, 11:29 PM   #1
(female)

MediaGal HB User
Anti-aging & skin problem magic! I've tried it. Plantidote from Origins.

I just wanted to share this with you all, and I've posted about other skin issues here & there and I am an admitted Origins devotee because their skincare has given me the best skin I've ever had in 50 years. I was in the store in White Plains, NY, in the westchester mall, my favorite shopoholic stomping grounds, and the fellow that manages the store who has been incredibly helpful and knowledgeable over the past few years gave me an advance sample of the latest "cutting edge" skin care serum called Plantidote that was developed by the great integrative medicine guru Andrew Weil (I read most of the good doctor's books, and loved 8 Weeks to Optimum Health which is my health bible). Here's a description of what it's supposed to do....

(I tried the face serum, the other one's aren't availabe yet) The serum is supposed to combat stress like flushing, over dry skin, swelling, redness, puffiness, wrinkles, lumps, bumps, and overall unhealthiness or "issues" and is supposed to improve skinís clarity by combating the impact of stress. The topical Plantidote products include a serum made of mushrooms, ginger, holy basil, and turmeric; and a face cream made of mushrooms, Okinawan Seaweed, wheat and corn lipids, and yeast. The dietary supplements include a morning and evening formula; the Plantidote Mega-Mushroom Supplement helps improve the skinís immunity to aging. The Nite-trition Restful Sleep Supplement contains lavendar, American Ginseng, Chamomile, and Melatonin; itís meant to help relax, sooth and simultaneously restore the skinís energy. Whatís great about this line, beside the knowledge that an established doctor developed these products, is that they are meant to function with your current regiment not to replace it. In addition, the part that I like also is that 100% of post-tax profits go to The Weil Foundation.

I've been using it for about 2 weeks and I can't believe how my skin has just gotten incredibly healthier. I've had a few red flushed areas and a few lumps & bumps, and of course..... those damn crow's feet and my redness is just about gone (my dermatologist said I was "borderline rosacia" years ago, I;m just always annoyingly flushed) and the odd little bumps have completely flattened. My face just looks BETTER, and I use it every night. Of course I use the Modern Friction about twice a week as dermabrasion which helps also, but oh my god, what a difference a few weeks made. I reserved my bottle (I think it comes out next month or so) but it was pretty pricey for Origins. Who cares! Before I started using the Origins products 5 years ago, I was spending $150 on face creams, $90 on eye creams (let's not mention the culprits here) and by coparison, The Big O is so much cheaper and so much better. I have to provide this testimonial to you all because I and my offspring have been through H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks with nagging skin issues for years before using Origins, and my neices & nephews have the best skin in their high-schools and never get a ZIT, ever from using the skin guardian.

Can I again say that I love the guy and the great girls in the White Plains Origins??? Not only are they really very knowledgeable, but it's always FUN to go there, they put smiles on faces and then fix your skin for you!

I hope this helps a few of you out there, and that this post isn't deleted for mentioning brand names and places, but the info is relevant to my post.

Take care and good luck!

Last edited by MediaGal; 09-16-2005 at 11:36 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2005, 07:40 PM   #2
(female)

MediaGal HB User
Re: Anti-aging & skin problem magic! I've tried it. Plantidote from Origins.

Has anyone tried this yet? I got my advance/pre order from Origins and am continuing to use it. My skin has never been better in my LIFE, and I htought the rest of my Origins products were giving me great skin. Once again, kudos to Origins for another breakthrough. And NO I don't work for the company but dammit I SHOULD GET A COMMISSION for all the friends I've turned on to them

Also, Dr. Andrew Weil was on that horrible Today Show being interviewed by that little ignoramus Katie Couric, and he'll be on for the next few days.

Tune in, he just rocks!

MG

Old 09-30-2005, 12:23 AM   #3
(female)

MediaGal HB User

Okay, I just bought the Plantidote SUPPLEMENT and a FULL BOTTLE of Plantidote serum at Origins in the westchester mall, and I have to say that after using it for a few days, I'm convinced that something is definitely happening. I only bought one bottle for the family to start with, and I swear I'm seeing a bigger difference using both the serum and the liquid supplement. My daughter's perpetual chin acne is GONE and HAS BEEN GONE for a few weeks now, just from the big sample the great guy in the store gave me. I think I should post about this in the acne forum..... [B]{removed} [/B] SO have any of you tried this new product? I'd hoped to read some reactions or opinions about it, but then again, it just came out in the stores this week.

MG

Last edited by Modinatrix21; 09-30-2005 at 04:23 AM. Reason: Do not discuss moderating issues on the boards.

Old 10-02-2005, 08:24 PM   #4
(female)

CanadianCowgirl HB User

I have also tried the Plantidote and think it is wonderful!

Old 10-03-2005, 12:55 AM   #5
(female)

lu55 HB User

I checked out this product this weekend and must say that I was bitterly disappointed. I expected much more from Dr. Weil.

I could not believe the chemicals that were added! Especially the dimethicone, which always breaks me out. I can't remember the names of the other chemicals but this product is not for someone looking for something ALL natural or someone who is chemically sensitive.

Lu

Closed Thread