It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2005, 08:30 PM   #1
(female)

Marblehead HB User
Strange, itchy rash

I have been having this strange rash come and go for about 2 months now. It started out as a few little mosquito bite looking things on my torso area. They itch alot and then the go away after a few days. They started spreading to different areas of my body, like if I would get one on my left arm, I would also get one on my right arm in the same vicinity. I thought maybe I was getting bitten. Thats not the case. I have almost seen them appear. For example, my shoulder will itch and then within like 30 minutes I have a bump that resembles a small mosquito bite. Alot of times they apper like 2 of them together (next to each other). Anyway, I have no insurance so thats why I havent gone to the dr. yet. I still owe them from previous appts!! Well, I went out of town last month and paid extra attention wondering if I would get these itches while i was out of my house and yes they did occur. Now all of a sudden my 11 year old is getting the exact same thing as me. My husband hasnt had any symptoms at all. My daughter is getting them in the same pattern i do. Like this evening she was itching at her hip and I took a look and there were 2 of them. Anyone have any clue what this might be?? Sometimes it goes away for a few days and then it reappears. Someone mentioned maybe its an allergy. Its not an allergy. Why would my daughter be getting the same exact thing in the same pattern then. This is just very strange. I have no clue. Hers also started on her torso area like mine did. Its been everywhere but on my face. It has even been on my breasts (very itchy)!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2005, 08:40 PM   #2
(female)

MichSM2 HB User
Re: Strange, itchy rash

I would like to say pityriasis rosea (which I'm currently suffering for the 7th week so far), but there might be an allergen in your household. Pityriasis rosea is not contagious but affects people in clusters. Try and go to a clinic if you cannot afford to seek a dermatologist. It might just be an allergy which you will need to isolate in the household (but please seek a doctor or nurse or practitioner).

Old 10-22-2005, 09:51 PM   #3
(female)

scaredhelp1087 HB User

sounds like scabies to me! body lice

Old 10-23-2005, 11:15 AM   #4
(female)

Tauri79 HB User

It does sound like a insect bite of sorts. So you keep pets?

Scabies, as someone suggested, is a long shot but you never know. Scabies normally has a very distinct 'burrow' like rash on the skin. The itch is normally quite unbearable. It never affects the head or face, but can affect everywhere else.

Last edited by Tauri79; 10-23-2005 at 11:16 AM.

Old 10-25-2005, 05:05 AM   #5
(female)

Marblehead HB User

I looked up info on scabies and I dont think its what I have. I am just going to have to go see my doctor. I was hoping this would go away on its own. But that usually doesnt happen, huh! Thanks for your replies.

Old 10-30-2005, 03:56 PM   #6
(female)

margypem HB User

Sounds Like Urticaria To Me.(hives)i Suffer A Lot With It.antihysamines Help.

Closed Thread