It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2005, 06:20 AM   #1

miss394 HB User
Ringworm Help

A little over a week ago I had a ringworm pop up on my chest right above my left breast, I knew right off what it was because my son has had one for months trying to get rid of it. anyway I applied what I had been using on my son an antifungal cream and a antifungal spray, within the next few days I noticed a few more spots pop up close to this one. well in the course of a few days I am covered in spots to many to even count I would guess about 50 ringworms have covered my chest and back, my husband went and got some Blis-to-sol from the drug store and started putting that on my back and chest and it will look better for a couple days then look worse, I now have some Lamisil cream that seems to be working but my question is can I use the Lamisil and use Benadryl gel for the Itching, the itching is keeping me up at night to the point that it feels like ants eating me stinging is more like it. does anyone know if I can use these both together or if I should just try to tuff out the itching part. The benadryl pills dont seem to help the itch as well as the gel, the gel is the only relief I get.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2005, 08:57 AM   #2
(female)

MichSM2 HB User
Re: Ringworm Help

Miss, are you sure it's ringworm? It could be pityrisasis rosea. Check that out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2005, 11:56 AM   #3

miss394 HB User

OMG That looks exactly like what I have, Thank you for bring this up I will go see what I am doing wrong in the treatment and see if I should do something new.

Old 10-25-2005, 12:03 PM   #4

Murphy HB User
Cool Re: Ringworm Help

If sure it's ringworm, then U should know it's very contagious & spreads very
easy. U need a Dr. to confirm, write new rx, maybe take oral rx too. It can
cause problems in adults. It can spread from your finger touch & then on to
a glass, drawer, dish or towel. Get your own things & color code so family
won't get it. Wash hands or spray hands w/ alcohol constantly. Kids aren't
allowed in school if more than 1 spot & must be bandage-covered. U should
sleep alone till gone or you'll tranfer spores to sheets & speard it. Wash or
change them frequently. Towels seem to be the biggest transfer if everyone
uses them. With so many on U, it's out of control & U can be left w/ scars.
Adults don't have the same healing or immune system as kids. Good luck.

Old 10-25-2005, 12:55 PM   #5

miss394 HB User

I am pretty much convinced it is not ringworm and it is pityrisasis rosea, the more I have read about this the more I am sure. Something kept telling me that it wasn't ringworm to start with. the main reason I thought it was ringworm was the oval and round lesions. But this explains why it spread to fast and I got so many spots. I have went and looked and compared pics of ringworm and PR and It looks exactly like the PR with the same type symtoms. I sure do appreciate the help I got here. I am not to thrilled with the knowledge that this may last for several months. but at least the name sounds better than being covered in ringworms. Now if I can just figure out how to pronounce it LOL

Old 10-25-2005, 02:07 PM   #6
(female)

MichSM2 HB User

Miss, if you do have pityriasis rosea, whatever you do: DO NOT IRRITATE IT! Putting creams, gels or whatever on the spots will only make it worse. DO NOT TAKE HOT BATHS' take colder or lukewarm baths if possible. Do not use soap either. Bath oil will do the trick. This virus can itch like hell: take Allegra or Benadryl (antihistamines) for the itching. Right now, I've had had this for nearly 7-8 weeks and it's pretty much all over my body (minus my legs, face and feet). Do you have a herald patch? My herald rash is on my right foot. While not much has changed to the center, the edges look like they are chipping away. It takes 6 - 12 weeks for pityrisasis rosea to go away.

That is a sign that you have pityrisasis rosea. It is mostly concentrated on the trunk, upper thighs and neck area. I know mine is in the process of fading away because the rash spots that were on my hands are shrinking and may possibly disappear. THIS IS A VIRUS; no medicine out there will hasten the process. You can stand out in the sun for 30 minutes to hasten it, but medicine won't do anything. You must wait patiently. Also, do not scratch your skin; it makes the lesions spread even faster. I know that sounds hard to do, but trust me, I'm almost near the end of this and because I haven't scratched myself to death, my face, legs and some parts of my body were spared! LOL Also, stay away from activities you will get extremely hot. These lesions feed on warmer-than-usual body temperatures.

Last edited by MichSM2; 10-25-2005 at 02:08 PM.

Old 10-25-2005, 11:28 PM   #7

miss394 HB User

thank you for all the advice, yes i have a herald patch on my chest, It has looked the worst of all the spots, mainly because I put so many things on it I think when I thought it was a ring worm, I had tryed everything I could think of and dang near burned a hole in my chest. it was a few days after doing this that it started popping up everywhere on my chest and neck and stomach and back I asked my husband what it looked like on my back and he described the christmas tree pattern with the rash concentrated in the center of my back with more lesions toward the bottom of my back and less towards the top and sides. It itchs so bad that I could take a fork and dig a hole in my skin if I knew it wouldnt make things worse. the only thing that has helped my itching is the benadryl gel and seems to make the sores really dry and sand papery. I have since you mentioning this PR this morning stopped useing all the antifungals that I had been useing, and the irriatation seems to be getting better I think all those creams were making it worse, I had also been taking very hot showers and using the towel to really rub the areas hard then I was taking peroxide and whiping down in that then appyling the antifungal meds.. Its a wonder I Have any skin left at all LOL, Thank God you replyed when you did about it maybe being PR and when i saw what that looked like I knew right off thats what I have. Again thanks so much. Since I am only a week or a little more into this I am not looking forward to 2 months. I am really glad yours seems to be getting better I know you are ready for it to go away. I will say a prayer for you as well.

Closed Thread