It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2005, 02:26 AM   #1

LastTuesday HB User
Unhappy Any cure for seborrhoic eczema?

I have been having this for years now. The shampoos and cremes do not even work anymore and my doc said there is no cure and this stuff is even spreading!
Do they not do research for eczemas or is this not profitable enough?
Is there no hope?

Old 10-30-2005, 08:09 AM   #2
(female)

Tauri79 HB User
Re: Any cure for seborrhoic eczema?

It's a long shot and you may not want to try it but....

My derm recommends the blood group diet for many cases of ezcema and psoriasis. You can find info on the net for it and there is a book too. Basically it means that what you eat depends on your blood group.

I was sceptical but I've seen lots of cases work.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2005, 01:12 PM   #3
(female)

health15 HB User

I have been on an anti-candida diet and doing a digestive system cleanse and my eczema is going away. I mainly get it on my hands and ankles, but was also just having itchy skin in general. Have you taken antibiotics in the past? I took them for many years for acne and this depleted the natural bacteria in my body. It allowed the candida to grow. I also use to eat a lot of fruit, drink fruit juices, and had something sweet with almost every meal. (sugar also helps the candida to grow) If you do a search for yeast or candida you can find out more information. Dr Crook has a book called the Yeast Connection and he has a quiz you can take to see if your symtoms are related to yeast. My acne is also almost gone and I have more energy.

Old 10-31-2005, 11:52 AM   #4

LastTuesday HB User

Thanks for the information.

Does this mean you must not eat any kind of sugar or simple carbs?

Old 10-31-2005, 06:35 PM   #5
(female)

health15 HB User

yes. No white bread/rice or sugar. Only whole grains. No soda, alcohol, or fruit juice. I pretty much only drink water. It is ok to eat fruit, but I no longer drink the big smoothies that I was drinking before. The idea is to do this until I get my natural flora/bacteria back into balance so that I won't have an overgrowth of yeast. Once I do this, I will be able to have some of the things I mentioned in moderation. I never really drink soda anyway, but I was a fruit smoothy and dessert junky before. People with candida overgrowth tend to have food and chemical sensitivities. I also got a filter on my shower to get rid of the chlorine and stopped buying products with SLS in it. SLS is a harsh detergent that is in most shampoo's and soaps. It makes it lather really nice.

Old 12-25-2007, 04:37 AM   #6
(male)

marcjohn HB User

I have something very good (at least it worked for me).
There is no diet involved, it will not totally cure it, but it improved the SE for about 95%.

Its very simple to, namely mix a couple of full spoons of salt with a little bit of water. It will pitch a lot on damaged skin but that only lasts a couple of minutes.

Salt is very bad for the fungals causing the seborrhoic eczema. Mixing it with water enhances absorption by the skin.

Please give me some feedback as to whether this helped you.

Old 12-25-2007, 04:52 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

melanie in mary HB User

I guess you can do this for psorisis that is on the scalp?(the salt and water mix)? thanks

Old 12-26-2007, 04:55 PM   #8
Inactive
(male)

willy8512 HB User

I went on a diet. NO sugar carbs or artificial anything. Get a good source of probiotics and take them every day. Your DNA predisposes you to be vulnerable to get eczema. You can fight it by eating healthy. This eliminates it in some and helps most. I know a guy who had it over most of his body and was told by the idiotic DR that diet doesn't change anything. He finally stopped eating processed foods. Started eating aged cheese fruit veggies lots of water and started taking probiotics. He now only gets occasional spots. He can now get normal baths and live his life. Thirty years of torture just so the dermatologist has a good income.

Closed Thread