It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2005, 03:15 PM   #1
(male)

deerpark100 HB User
pimple gone bad or spider bite?

Hi guys, I'm new to the boards however I have a recent issue that has come up. I woke up several days ago with a small red bump on my cheek, (approx. 1.5 inches below my eye). Didn't seem to be anything too unusual, I assumed it was a zit. So that morning I tried to pop it several times, and only clear liquid came out. Later that day, I continued to try and pop it with no success. Only the clear liquid coming out. This seems to just be oil coming out of my pores. A day later, it was a bit swollen. Was this due to the irritation from trying to pop it, or perhaps was it a spider bite? Now, 3 days later, the swelling has gone away. The initial area is still red and a little scabbing has formed. This is could just be because of my fingernails trying to pop it. But regardless, I was looking to hear everybody's opinion about the following....

a.) if it was a spider bite, do I need to seek treatment? I feel fine physically and have noticed no side effects.
b.) now that the swelling has subsided, i think it is going away...is there anything i can do to help the healing process? drawing sap, neosporine, ect?
c.) I live in Kentucky which is a highly populated area for brown recluses. That is why I am so paranoid. But if it was a brown recluse bite, would it hurt or have any unique characteristics?

Thank you all for any input or help, it would be greatly appriciated. I just don't want to go to the hospital to get my "spider bite" treated, only to find out it was a pimple that I tried too hard to pop. Thanks again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2005, 08:17 PM   #2
(female)

Erato HB User
Re: pimple gone bad or spider bite?

I don't know if you've ever been told this, but popping pimples is just about the worst thing you can do to them. Trying pop them (and especially as much as you did) definitely irritates them. As far a a brown recluse spider bite, I looked up this source,

[B]{removed} [/B]

They certainly don't look like pimples. I would say you need to stop popping.

Last edited by Modinatrix21; 11-06-2005 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Read posting rules. No websites. Do not post copyrighted material.

Old 11-07-2005, 02:24 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

DoOoOoM HB User

Are you male or female?

Old 11-08-2005, 09:56 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

KeltoKel HB User

I doubt it was a spider bite esp. if it has already gone away. If you were having a reaction to a bite, you would know it b/c your whole face would most likely swell.
It was most likely a pimple that wasn't raised enough to pop. If it is going away, then I wouldn't worry much about it.

Closed Thread