It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2005, 10:59 AM   #1
(female)

Med4Kicks HB User
Angry Red skin after shower

Hi, does anyone's skin (around their thigh and leg) turns patchy red after shower? I usually shower with water temp a little bit warm, but i wouldnt consider it hot. My skin around leg would turn red in patches and dissappear in an hour. The redness used to appear around my back and chest but now it moved to my leg, so i dont really know what the explaination is for it. If it's sensitivity to hot water, then wouldnt it be red all over and not just in certain spot? Anyone knows why?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2005, 01:28 PM   #2
(female)

katie_2005 HB User
Re: Red skin after shower

Is the water pressure of your shower to hard? That happened to me after using a shower at a friends house and the water pressure was too much!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2005, 04:39 PM   #3
(female)

2Westies HB User

I've had that happen from high pressure water, like katie says. If you are a girl, is it after you shave that you notice this? If so maybe you may be mildly allergic to the shave gel or the razor blades.

Old 11-09-2005, 05:28 PM   #4
(female)

RiotGirl00 HB User

It's just the water. I use really warm (not hot) water when I shower too. The heat rushes blood to the surface of your skin and the hair follicles, that's why everything is a lot more obvious when you first get out of the shower.
I know after I shave my legs they look AWFUL when I first get out of the shower...there are like red/purple dots everywhere, mainly just on my legs.
But after a while once you're dry and your blood flow gets back to normal that goes away.
If you want you can try showering with cooler water...but it doesn't really matter cuz I'm sure it won't cause any permanent damage.

Old 11-09-2005, 11:04 PM   #5
(female)

Med4Kicks HB User

If it is pressure, i guess there's nothing i can do to prevent it, or is there? But why dont i see these redness on other part of my body?

Old 11-10-2005, 03:51 PM   #6
(female)

alsaser HB User

maybe the skin on your legs is more sensitive. Mine is...I have to use sensitive skin soap and senstive skin lotoin (for my legs only), the rest of me can take regular lotion. Plus I have to use laundry detergent that is free of dyes and perfumes (for my pants). My legs get red and unbearably itchy! I dont know why.

Old 11-10-2005, 09:31 PM   #7
(female)

Med4Kicks HB User

thanks for bringing that up, never thought about it, i guess it could be that my leg skins are more sensitive. I mean, i sometime also get a bit of skin irritation when i wear tight jeans.

Old 11-10-2005, 10:28 PM   #8
(female)

MichSM2 HB User

I have eczema, so I only shower with lukewarm water. At first I disliked it, but I have gotten used to it. And I don't use high-pressure water either. Lukewarm water is actually better for your skin--not really warm or hot water.

Closed Thread